Nik's Two Colors

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited February 17, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I just came from my Orlando business trip (sorry, Harry, could not make it to the shootout:dunno ), saw the new challenge topic, and realized that my *very* first shot I took during the trip (I flew a "redeye" from LAX around 11 pm) may pay the bill:

56577493-L.jpg

This is corner of a seat in a food court in Delta/Song terminal. I was having my usual "takeoff" drink ("bloody mary") when I noticed this interesting color combination.
Shot in RAW with Canon 20D + EF-S 17-85 IS.
Moved to LAB, steepened the A/B, enhanced contrast in L, blurred A and B (4 pix), sharpened (HiRaLoAm) L (65% at 4.5 pix). Finally blended back with the original at about 60%.
You can now safely guess what book I was reading during the flight:-)
Enjoy redeye shooting!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    Hey Nik, the shot fits the colors 2 topic but it doesn't really do anything for me. There is nothing that catches my eye and makes me go WOW. All the leading lines seem to go to the dirty corner and that kind of disapoints me. If you use this shot I would suggest you crop out the top were it is brighter because I think it is distracting to the rest of the shot. I don't mean to be negative on this, I'm just trying to give you my honest opinion, and that's all it is, an opinion.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    Hey Nick,
    gluwater wrote:
    Hey Nik, the shot fits the colors 2 topic but it doesn't really do anything for me. There is nothing that catches my eye and makes me go WOW. All the leading lines seem to go to the dirty corner and that kind of disapoints me. If you use this shot I would suggest you crop out the top were it is brighter because I think it is distracting to the rest of the shot. I don't mean to be negative on this, I'm just trying to give you my honest opinion, and that's all it is, an opinion.

Thank you very much, I do apreciate your straightforward feedback.thumb.gif
    I understand your point. However, I tried various cropping already (this image, in fact, is about 70% of the original shot) and IMHO further cropping makes it totally useless. I'm not saying this shot is a KPOTD material:-), but that's the best I currently have for the Ch58 topic..ne_nau.gif
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"