shadow and highlights droplet...help

vanvan Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited February 17, 2006 in Finishing School
Aloha, I am a struggling surf photographer dealing with shadow issues. :rofl I finally learned hoe to write a droplet command and using action in PS 7 to auto level and adjust curves.:clap

Now I have come to learn from Andy that Shadows/Highlights on PS cs really solves my shadow problems...I love :thumb it but I am getting errors trying to use the droplet pocedure and action commands. At this point I am dead confused in need of a some fined tuned advice.:dunno

Could anyone out there please write me the 10 steps or so to automate pictures using a droplet along with your favorate "actions" or photo adjustments for sports photography specifically surfing??:scratch

example:
Step 1-open a picture in PSCS
Step 2-create a new set
Step 3-Create a new action
Step 4-<image><adjustment><shadow/highlight> (click OK)
Step 5- save ???????
step 6- close?????
step 7- stop recording in actions
step 8- <file><automate><create droplet?????>Batch?????Scripts????

:rolleyes Could anyone help me fill in the question marks on a properly exucted set of steps to fix a bunch of pix at once???What are your favorate photo adjustments? I will take the advice for PS 7 or if I must then PS CS.
Many Maui Mahalos...I hope you are OK with all the faces
Van ... mauiactionphotos.com ..... mauiactionphotos@hotmail.com

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    Howdy Van,

I'm giving some thought to your questions and I'll try to get some answers for you sometime today! Hopefully some other folks will offer up some advice as well.
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    cletus wrote:
    Howdy Van,

I'm giving some thought to your questions and I'll try to get some answers for you sometime today! Hopefully some other folks will offer up some advice as well.

Van,

It's been so long since I've made a droplet that I can't remember the do's and don'ts of droplet creation. I'll have to go back and do some reading. Unortunately, it looks like I'm going to be swamped today! I don't know when I'll be able to get to it.

One comment. I don't know how much luck you're going to have with adding Shadow/Highlight to a droplet. It can be done, but I would think that unless all the images had the same exposure with the same light and similar subjects, the adustments would be a little bit different for each shot... meaning that you'd still have to go back and tweak things manually. However, I've been wrong before :D