Options

DEAL: 1gb Lexar Pro (80x) $35

chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
edited February 20, 2006 in Flea Market
http://www.buy.com/prod/Lexar_1GB_Professional_80X_Compact_Flash_With_Write_Acceleration/q/loc/101/10380506.html?adid=17662

ends 3/6/06

UPDATE: It's currently unavailable (i'm thinking because of a shortage of memory cards).

Also, it shouldn't be too good to be true.
I've recently bought another 1 gig card from staples for 35 bucks.
---
Chris
Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
Canon 10D | 20D | 5D

Comments

• Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
  • Options
    bphillybphilly Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    the lexar site says the WA technology only works with a few cameras. I have a d70, will the card still work properly? would i be better off just getting the high speed card instead of the wa card
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    Says this: *All non WA enabled cameras perform just like standard 80x cards.

So I would think you would be fine.
    bphilly wrote:
    the lexar site says the WA technology only works with a few cameras. I have a d70, will the card still work properly? would i be better off just getting the high speed card instead of the wa card
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    Malaxos1Malaxos1 Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    Says this: *All non WA enabled cameras perform just like standard 80x cards.

So I would think you would be fine.

I don't understand the rebate. Is it a mail in rebate or an instant rebate?

Dean
    Dean Malaxos Photography
    Margaretville New York (Catskill Mnts)
    www.deanmalaxos.com
    deansphotos@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    I don't like what I see on resellersratings.com pertaining to Buy.com..........
    I would say BEWARE

http://www1.resellerratings.com/seller2107.html
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    Seems too good to be true...
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2006
    Red Bull wrote:
    Seems too good to be true...

I am not sure if it is too good to be true. I bought a 2GB 50x CF card from fry's electronics for $99 about six months ago...Dean
    Dean Malaxos Photography
    www.deanmalaxos.com
    deansphotos@hotmail.com
  • Options
    EFOTOSEFOTOS Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    Buy.com & Lexar 80x Pro Card
    I bought this card from Buy.com and had absolutely no problems. It arrived within 3 days and I have sent the rebate form in.

I live in CA and use Buy.com all the time because they always get my items to me within a couple days - obviously this could be different for you east-coasters

Hope this helps!

Art Scott wrote:
    I would say BEWARE

www.bandfotos.com
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2006
    EFOTOS wrote:
    I bought this card from Buy.com and had absolutely no problems. It arrived within 3 days and I have sent the rebate form in.

I live in CA and use Buy.com all the time because they always get my items to me within a couple days - obviously this could be different for you east-coasters

Hope this helps!

Then maybe you can answer my question. Was the rebate a mail in rebate or an instant rebate? Thanks...Dean:):
    Dean Malaxos Photography
    www.deanmalaxos.com
    deansphotos@hotmail.com
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Malaxos1 wrote:
    Then maybe you can answer my question. Was the rebate a mail in rebate or an instant rebate? Thanks...Dean:):

It's a mail-in rebate.

icon_rebate.gif$40 Mail in Rebate!
    Purchase this Lexar Product at Buy.com & receive a $40 Mail in Rebate!! Offer valid from 2/5/2006 to 3/6/2006
    Click here for rebate form, terms and conditions.

I bought one myself for wife's camera.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    I would say BEWARE

Buy.com is fine - I've never had any problem with them. Fast and reliable. I've got a USB wireless adapter arriving today from them - they were about $15 less than amazon on this card.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen