Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    Tired Feet

Each Alone

Shopping Together

Snappy, I love the title tired feet, I really like the photo, too.

Am in a hurry, but I did want to comment.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    snapapple wrote:
    Tired Feet

Each Alone

Shopping Together
    I think I like number two best.. the two people alone, number 1 is my second fav and I'm not reacting much to the shopping together.

Nice angle on the first two shots. :D
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    Snappy -
    Each Alone
    8992740-S.jpg

Each ALone is DYNAMITE! The two individuals, opposite each other, with the diagonal lines in the floor connecting them and repeated in the square air duct thing in the center between them, with both upper corners with the edge of the staircases symetrically displayed. I think this is just superb framing. Now..... was this a found shot or was this staged? You can tell us the truth. We won't tell!! :D

I really like this - great work!! clap.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2004
    Thanks guys, glad you like it...
    pathfinder wrote:
    Snappy -
    Each Alone
    8992740-S.jpg

Each ALone is DYNAMITE! The two individuals, opposite each other, with the diagonal lines in the floor connecting them and repeated in the square air duct thing in the center between them, with both upper corners with the edge of the staircases symetrically displayed. I think this is just superb framing. Now..... was this a found shot or was this staged? You can tell us the truth. We won't tell!! :D

I really like this - great work!! clap.gif

Thanks for the kind words Pathfinder and Lynn. This was absolutely a found shot. I was in the shopping center downtown. It's a multi-level outdoor mall. I was walking on the level above this area and went over to the rail and looked down. This woman walked over and sat down to rub her feet. She then took out a cigarette. I took the shot of her alone. There was no one on the other bench. Then this guy walked up with his lunch and sat down. The thing in the center is an art work. A tiled mosaic on a tiled pedestal. You can see more of it in the first picture. The two people on opposite sides could not see each other. They were sitting there, each alone and unaware of each other. I just took the shot. :D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    snapapple wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words Pathfinder and Lynn. This was absolutely a found shot. I was in the shopping center downtown. It's a multi-level outdoor mall. I was walking on the level above this area and went over to the rail and looked down. This woman walked over and sat down to rub her feet. She then took out a cigarette. I took the shot of her alone. There was no one on the other bench. Then this guy walked up with his lunch and sat down. The thing in the center is an art work. A tiled mosaic on a tiled pedestal. You can see more of it in the first picture. The two people on opposite sides could not see each other. They were sitting there, each alone and unaware of each other. I just took the shot. :D

Sorry I called it an air duct - I could see it was a marble column or something, just could not decipher what it was precisely. That the two individuals could not see each other and seemed unaware of each other was clear to me. Cool picture - that will look great as a large print, I bet.
    1drink.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    I very much like "Each Alone". I like the symmetry and that they are totally unaware of eachother. Excellent capture!thumb.gif Laurie
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    ishish Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    "Each alone" is my fave. Really a great catch! Could go in one of those art photo mags... ;)

I like thr grainyness of the photos and the B & W

:D
  • Options
    jantzenjantzen Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    Snapaple, great stuff.

Found shots are amazing when they present themselves like this and the photographer has the wherewithal and talent to get the moment!

I love it.

Jantzen