Options

* Challenge 22 - Alone on a Lazy River

digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
edited September 28, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Fall is coming early this year. I was walking by the river with my dog (looking for good sticks) and a rower came quietly by ...

8996542-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    shootershooter Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2004
    Great place to walk a dog! Beutiful shot, nice colors and great depth of field. I really like this one!
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2004
    shooter wrote:
    Great place to walk a dog! Beutiful shot, nice colors and great depth of field. I really like this one!
    Thanks! Our city river valley has over 100km of trails, paved and unpaved, with several off leash areas for the dogs! It's a favorite area of mine to run.

Unfortunately today, the peace and tranquility was crushed like a bug by this ...

9008320-M.jpg

But what was really hilarious was that Buddy started barking furiously at the boat at it went by. When the noise subsided, we were at a spot where his echo came back perfectly ...

WOOF ... woof WOOF...woof

He kept looking for this dog SOMEWHERE across the river that was answering him rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2004
    I love this shot. The peace and aloneness is sooo inviting. I love the fall colors too. Very nice.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    I think both shots are great!!!! The fall colors are beautiful. I do like the first one better :) I get more of a sense of peacefullness.

-judy
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    digismile wrote:
    Fall is coming early this year. I was walking by the river with my dog (looking for good sticks) and a rower came quietly by ...

8996542-L.jpg
    Absolutely beautiful! I want to walk there! :D Hilarious story about your dog too! I can totally picture my dogs doing the same thing!

Laurie
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    gottagotta Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited September 27, 2004
    I like the first picture. The composition's nice and the fall colors aren't over saturated which I see all too often. Nice job.

Regards, Eric
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2004
    Ditto, I like the first one a lot. Say, could I share one thought: what would it look like if you raised the bottom edge slightly, thus making the rower more prominent? Dunno if it would work, just a thought. Your shot is perfectly good as is.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2004
    Lucky you!
    wxwax wrote:
    Ditto, I like the first one a lot. Say, could I share one thought: what would it look like if you raised the bottom edge slightly, thus making the rower more prominent? Dunno if it would work, just a thought. Your shot is perfectly good as is.

DiGi:

Very nice, beautiful colors and they are well handled, as was the focal length... I do think Sid's suggestion may be well founded... Just bringing it up a hair pulled the rower out significantly when I gave it a whirl...

But really... it is beautiful! What kind of dog? Sounds like something my weimaraner "Chloe," would do!

ginette

8996542-S.jpg
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2004
    AltPro wrote:

DiGi:

Very nice, beautiful colors and they are well handled, as was the focal length... I do think Sid's suggestion may be well founded... Just bringing it up a hair pulled the rower out significantly when I gave it a whirl...

But really... it is beautiful! What kind of dog? Sounds like something my weimaraner "Chloe," would do!

ginette

8996542-S.jpg
    Thanks (all) for the feedback.
    I'll give the suggestions a try. And the dog, Buddy is a German Shephard/Husky mix (we think) ... This is him playing in the river that day. He's 10.5 going on 2 ...:D

9121924-S.jpg

9121921-S.jpg

9121922-L.jpg