Options

Just Bought an Epson 2200

dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
edited October 21, 2004 in Digital Darkroom
I just bought a new printer today. My Canon S900 has been giving me a lot of problems lately, so it has been retired for a few months now. I've been trying to convince my girlfriend (CFO) that a new printer is necessary, not just one of my gadget phases. My request has fallen upon deaf ears until today. Today was the day my girlfriend noticed some of the shots she took of our dog, printed & framed had faded within 6 months. Once she saw how bad the Canon faded behind glass, it was time for an upgrade. Nobody messes with her dog pictures! haha.

Long story short, I'm amazed with the quality. The only down side is how slow it is. I'm just used to the speed of the Canon printers.

After printing my first 13x19 borderless image, I'm speechless. This is the biggest I have ever had a photo printed. I have some panoramic shots of San Francisco that I will print 13x44 later this week. If anyone is interested, I'll post a mini review when I'm done playing.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    DeanMcMDeanMcM Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    The 2200 is a great printer...
    Hey dkkapp, I have a 2200... for about 6 months now. It is an incredible printer. I have no complaints yet. Although it may be slow on the best photo mode setting, you can print just as well (no real difference at all) with the regular photo mode.

Good luck and enjoy great prints!

Dean

dkapp wrote:
    I just bought a new printer today. My Canon S900 has been giving me a lot of problems lately, so it has been retired for a few months now. I've been trying to convince my girlfriend (CFO) that a new printer is necessary, not just one of my gadget phases. My request has fallen upon deaf ears until today. Today was the day my girlfriend noticed some of the shots she took of our dog, printed & framed had faded within 6 months. Once she saw how bad the Canon faded behind glass, it was time for an upgrade. Nobody messes with her dog pictures! haha.

Long story short, I'm amazed with the quality. The only down side is how slow it is. I'm just used to the speed of the Canon printers.

After printing my first 13x19 borderless image, I'm speechless. This is the biggest I have ever had a photo printed. I have some panoramic shots of San Francisco that I will print 13x44 later this week. If anyone is interested, I'll post a mini review when I'm done playing.

Dave
    Dean - New York
    Canon Rebel Xsi, Fuji FinePix F10
    mcphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    Due for upgrade?
    Anyone know if the 2200 is due for an upgrade soon? Seems like it has been out awhile (in tech terms, at least). I'd like to have one, but worried that it is due for a replacement in the near future.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2004
    mercphoto wrote:
    Anyone know if the 2200 is due for an upgrade soon? Seems like it has been out awhile (in tech terms, at least). I'd like to have one, but worried that it is due for a replacement in the near future.

I bought mine the week before photokina. The sales guy said they hear from Epson about 6 months before any major printer upgrades. He said there was nothing in the works, and that I should buy w/ confidence.

I looked at it this way. The output is amazing & I needed one soon. I could spend my whole life waiting for the latest, or enjoy printing today.

Dave
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    2200 +
    dkapp wrote:
    I bought mine the week before photokina. The sales guy said they hear from Epson about 6 months before any major printer upgrades.

If its that far away I might not wait. :)
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 21, 2004
    Dave,

I'm also interested in this printer. I would appreciate seeing your thoughts in a "mini review". I have been shying away from Epsons because of clogging issues I have experienced. That's one of the 2200's aspects I am really interested in hearing about.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2004
    Dave,

I'm also interested in this printer. I would appreciate seeing your thoughts in a "mini review". I have been shying away from Epsons because of clogging issues I have experienced. That's one of the 2200's aspects I am really interested in hearing about.

Steve

Its Awesome!!

Hows that for a mini-review? haha

I'll try and collect my thoughts & post something later.

Dave