2 resizing questions

kapaluakapalua Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited April 17, 2006 in Finishing School
(1) at what point in the workflow is it best to resize the image? as a first step before any image adjustments? or as a next-to-last step, just before sharpening? Or somewhere in between?

(2) when downsizing an image, is it better to use bicubic, or bicub sharper?

thanks.

Comments

• Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    I like doing any resizing next to last just before sharpening and saving. Reason being, all the adjustments then get downsized and the histogram shows better continuous tones.
    kapalua wrote:
    (1) at what point in the workflow is it best to resize the image? as a first step before any image adjustments? or as a next-to-last step, just before sharpening? Or somewhere in between?

(2) when downsizing an image, is it better to use bicubic, or bicub sharper?

thanks.

I go bicubic sharper on small websize images but I don't think there is a big difference in quality. It just saves me a step in not having to sharpen when I am batching a gallery full of images.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • oldbmwoldbmw Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    I like doing any resizing next to last just before sharpening and saving. Reason being, all the adjustments then get downsized and the histogram shows better continuous tones.

ditto
    Chris Jennings
    chrisjennings.smugmug.com

Use coupon 6bPSMkMYrhpVE to save $5.00 on a new smugmug account