Panoramas, larger larges Please

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited February 19, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I noticed a whole slew of awesome UI changes recently, so I was wondering if it's possible to add some additional mode for Larges (maybe set in User preferences), which would allow Larges to fit the smallest dimension in the box, thus providing for panoramas to be nicely viewable.

Currently there is a little problem with having panorama pictures on SM: the Large file becomes too small, since it's seems to be set to fit the larger dimension in the box of 800x600. With one dimension of the panoramic picture (usually width) being *dramatically* larger than the other one, the whole picture in Large is trimmed down to a tiny narrow strip:cry :

25386791-L.jpg

As of now I have to manually produce a smaller file, upload it into a different hidden gallery (where originals are allowed) and then provide a link to it from the actual image page..

Thank you!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    I noticed a whole slew of awesome UI changes recently, so I was wondering if it's possible to add some additional mode for Larges (maybe set in User preferences), which would allow Larges to fit the smallest dimension in the box, thus providing for panoramas to be nicely viewable.

Currently there is a little problem with having panorama pictures on SM: the Large file becomes too small, since it's seems to be set to fit the larger dimension in the box of 800x600. With one dimension of the panoramic picture (usually width) being *dramatically* larger than the other one, the whole picture in Large is trimmed down to a tiny narrow strip:cry :

As of now I have to manually produce a smaller file, upload it into a different hidden gallery (where originals are allowed) and then provide a link to it from the actual image page..

Thank you!

Nick, a) you posted in Dgrin Support, I'll move it.

b) you can place originals on the page, nearly as wide as you like, with a bit of CSS:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=28192

c) you can do a css trick like this, too:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=243580#post243580

d) thanks for the suggestion!