Feedback on delivery and print quality

CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited February 20, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

As I am only a new Smugmug 'pro' member I thought I would place a 'mystery shopper' customer order. I ordered on the 7th Feb and the delivery arrived today at my office in north Australia. Pretty happy with the delivery time, I am in a regional town so this would add a few days on anyway. VERY happy with the packaging and the prints. I thought it was unusual to receive an index print for each seperate size and print finish however it does look very slick and for this I am grateful. I try and provide the very best quality product and I am glad this is being matched by the smugmug / ezprints team.

Now, as many others have said I think it would be VERY good if their could be something attributing the photographer to the end product. The envelope has smugmug on the front, the prints have smugmug on the back, the index prints have smugmug.com and the smugmug logo on them - and yet the only credit the photographer (smugmug's income source) gets is a tiny name on the index print. I have thought about this and realise how it would be nearly impossible to personalise it on stationary in this way. However I do have some suggestions, some along the lines of others raised in the past.

1. Customizable backprinting. Smugmug pro clients could be given a set number of characters to assign a backprinting message. Something along the lines of "Photo © Cameron Laird 2006 - Phone: 0418238811"
2. Alter the inserted postcard to read something like "Smugmug thanks you for ordering prints from your photographer" and remove "the ultimate in photo sharing". I am putting, like I should, quite a large mark-up on your prices - I'll bet my customers would prefer my photos shared with them rather than having to pay! :rofl

Anyway, hope this feedback is useful!

Regards,

Cam

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Great feedback. I second your suggestion on the postcard included in the package. There's already a discussion about backprinting - feel free to join it.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Great suggestions... all of us 'pro' accounts love when these are brought up.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Cammo wrote:
    Hi,

As I am only a new Smugmug 'pro' member I thought I would place a 'mystery shopper' customer order. I ordered on the 7th Feb and the delivery arrived today at my office in north Australia. Pretty happy with the delivery time, I am in a regional town so this would add a few days on anyway. VERY happy with the packaging and the prints. I thought it was unusual to receive an index print for each seperate size and print finish however it does look very slick and for this I am grateful. I try and provide the very best quality product and I am glad this is being matched by the smugmug / ezprints team.

Now, as many others have said I think it would be VERY good if their could be something attributing the photographer to the end product. The envelope has smugmug on the front, the prints have smugmug on the back, the index prints have smugmug.com and the smugmug logo on them - and yet the only credit the photographer (smugmug's income source) gets is a tiny name on the index print. I have thought about this and realise how it would be nearly impossible to personalise it on stationary in this way. However I do have some suggestions, some along the lines of others raised in the past.

1. Customizable backprinting. Smugmug pro clients could be given a set number of characters to assign a backprinting message. Something along the lines of "Photo © Cameron Laird 2006 - Phone: 0418238811"
    2. Alter the inserted postcard to read something like "Smugmug thanks you for ordering prints from your photographer" and remove "the ultimate in photo sharing". I am putting, like I should, quite a large mark-up on your prices - I'll bet my customers would prefer my photos shared with them rather than having to pay! rolleyes1.gif

Anyway, hope this feedback is useful!

Regards,

Cam

Thanks very much for the valuable feedback, Cammo. It's really appreciated.