Shooting buddy on challenges.

MesaManMesaMan Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited February 21, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Howdy all, a friend and I always go shooting together - so often get the same/similar shots.

As we are both new to photography and don't want to "get stuck in a rut" shooting the same stuff all the time, we have decided to give the challenges a go. This obviously means there will be two similar pics (taken by two different photographers) in the competition.

Would this be OK?
Or are we making too much competition for ourselves?

Comments/suggestions welcome.
Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything.
~Morihei Ueshiba~
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Comments

• SecondHandSecondHand Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    MesaMan wrote:
    Howdy all, a friend and I always go shooting together - so often get the same/similar shots.

As we are both new to photography and don't want to "get stuck in a rut" shooting the same stuff all the time, we have decided to give the challenges a go. This obviously means there will be two similar pics (taken by two different photographers) in the competition.

Would this be OK?

I think it would be a good idea. Give a chance to get you both the input that is given around here, and it would be interesting to see the different styles. Give it a go!
    Jim www.secondhand.smugmug.com
    Canon 20D Kit w/ 18-55mm
    Canon 75-300mm
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    SecondHand wrote:
    I think it would be a good idea. Give a chance to get you both the input that is given around here, and it would be interesting to see the different styles. Give it a go!
    great idea, glad you are having fun and we get twice the influence!
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Two's company, not competition!
    MesaMan wrote:

Would this be OK?

HarjTT & I work together. We both discuss our ideas about each challenge & the pics we get, critiquing & commenting on the output/ideas. We've also gone out & about to shoot, but don't always get the same stuff, so no you aren't making competition for yourselves, you're gaining a different input & perspective, which in term can spark more ideas. Its also fun to have someone else who shares the same passion for photography. At the end of the day YOU are still the one who decides what photo to take & how to take it & which picture to enter in the challenge! :D
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • MesaManMesaMan Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Agreed with everyone, good to see so much support for a newbie...I've used many forums and some have just been a vent for peoples problems - taking it out on others.

I agree it would be interesting to see the same "location" done through different eyes, and no two shots are the same.

We'll give it a go, thanks everyone!
    thumb.gifclap
    Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything.
    ~Morihei Ueshiba~
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]