Options

SOLD: Canon 20D and Canon 17-85 EF-S

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited February 24, 2006 in Flea Market
OK Here is The Deal of The Century:

$950 Canon 20D
$400 Canon 17-85 EF-S

For the pair? -- $1300

This body is maybe three months old. Exact info upon request. It's in immaculate nearly-new mint condition. The shutter actuations are low, probably less than 500. Selling for $950.

The 17-85 EF-S IS lens I bought here on the forum, from a Dgrinner. It's in excellent condition, hard to tell from new. No marks on the glass, no dust inside that I can see. Works perfectly. I paid $460 for it. Will sell for $425.

Terms: I will take cash, money order, bank check, personal check or paypal. Will ship only when funds are clear. UPS Ground insured shipping not included, but estimated to be about $10 - $15USD. International buyers are welcome, you'll pay actual shipping plus any duties, taxes, tarriffs, etc.

Comments

• Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Two lenses and now a whole kit!? Have you been tempted by the dark side (Nikon)?
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2006
    Malte wrote:
    Two lenses and now a whole kit!? Have you been tempted by the dark side (Nikon)?

Hi Malte,

Perish the thought! I have 5D, 35L, CZ21, 50 f/1.4, 85mm, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, probably some more that I'm not thinking about...
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    NOW you put yours up for salerolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    NOW you put yours up for salerolleyes1.gif

Thusie, I bought my Canon 100mm Macro, same as he just sold, last week! And I really think I did a WTB. Doesn't bother me too much, just cost me about 50.00.

Andy, the only photographic things I have left to buy are a sensor cleaning kit and a belt.................... (the cheaper things). Would you like a list of what I did buy at full price. Smile. I did get a good deal from Rutt on my 10-22. Plus, I am glad I waited on the CF card, am happy enough with 89.00 for a 2 gb from BH.

ginger1drink.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Thusie, I bought my Canon 100mm Macro, same as he just sold, last week! And I really think I did a WTB. Doesn't bother me too much, just cost me about 50.00.
    ginger1drink.gif

I actually wouldn't have saved buying Andy's, just not one doubt on the care taken and it is 'newer'. Besides might have come with a bit of picture taking Mojo:):

hey I do have my sensor cleaning stuff ordered!
  • Options
    juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    OK Here is The Deal of The Century:

$950 Canon 20D
    $400 Canon 17-85 EF-S

For the pair? -- $1300
    Do you still have everthing it came with? Is the warranty transferrable? Do I have to get the lens too?

I've been wanting this camera for a long time, but I haven't been able to make up my mind about which "starter" lens to get.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2006
    juliejules wrote:
    Do you still have everthing it came with? Is the warranty transferrable? Do I have to get the lens too?

I've been wanting this camera for a long time, but I haven't been able to make up my mind about which "starter" lens to get.

I have the box, packaging, all accessories, manuals, CDs, wires, plugs, etc. Yes, there's warranty left, till Dec I think?
  • Options
    dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    OMG *drool* Katie-likie.....
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2006
    Camera and Lens SOLD to Stormdancing.
  • Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Way to go Dana!!! thumb.gifclap.gif
    Knowing it comes from Andy I'm sure it's in top knotch cond!

Welcome to the Canon Family....now you can get away from the P&S scene. :D
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2006
    Yea Dana!!!!!! You are going to LOVE itclap.gifclapclap.gifclap
  • Options
    StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I can't thank you enough Andy!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so excited I'm actually in tears right now. This has been a dream for me for a long time.
    I promise to love it and pet it and feed it well.

YAHOOOOOOOOOO
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2006
    I can't thank you enough Andy!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so excited I'm actually in tears right now. This has been a dream for me for a long time.
    I promise to love it and pet it and feed it well.

YAHOOOOOOOOOO

Dana, it's truly my pleasure :D
  • Options
    StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Congrats Dana! I know you were just saying that you wanted to get a dSLR! I'm happy for you! clap.gif
    Now you better sell your new flash and all your other goodies, cause LLD is heading your way! :D
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2006
    Stef wrote:
    Congrats Dana! I know you were just saying that you wanted to get a dSLR! I'm happy for you! clap.gif
    Now you better sell your new flash and all your other goodies, cause LLD is heading your way! :D
    Laughing.gif do you mean Long Lens Desire???? Well tooo late.
    Gosh I just don't know about selling the 828. I've carried it with me every day for almost a year now. I will probably end up doing the deed and letting it go.:cry
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Gosh I just don't know about selling the 828. I've carried it with me every day for almost a year now. I will probably end up doing the deed and letting it go.:cry

Nope... you will want any and ALL lenses now. Lens lust disease. I held on to my 828 from October until this month. I just sold it to my sister in law, so I still have visitation rights. It was hard to sell it... but she will get alot of use from it.
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 21, 2006

Dana,
    I know how you feel about your 828. I went through the same thing with my 707 when I moved to the 717 and the 717 when I moved to the 828. Those cameras gave me soooo much and put up with an idiot user like me and still brought home the goods. I always thought that by keeping them around I'd use them again. It didn't happen. After 6 idle months, I sold the 707. Same thing with the 717. I did hold on to the 828 for awhile, but after I got my 20D, I never spent any quality time with it again :cry

Once you get comfy with the 20D, they'll have to pry it outta of your cold dead fingers....Laughing.gif The old 828 will be relagated to niche shooting like IR. Or, when you want to travel light. Not to worry though. You will be so thrilled with the results the 20D gives you, you will have dear memories of it, but no desire to use the 828 again ne_nau.gif

You will be amazed by so many little things. Like, where'd the noise go? :D
    Or, how come there's no PF in this shot? headscratch.gif Or, OMG I can see so well through the optical TTL viewfinder iloveyou.gif Or even, I left my finger on the release and shot 23 images before I knew it.....Laughing.gif

I loved my Sonys, but I believe you are in for a real treat Dana thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2006

I loved my Sonys

Just got my R-1 Infrared Modified camera today... deal.gif
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Just got my R-1 Infrared Modified camera today... deal.gif

Cool Andy, let's see some new shots.
    I think IR winter shots of pine trees are soo cool looking.
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2006
    Dana,
    I know how you feel about your 828. I went through the same thing with my 707 when I moved to the 717 and the 717 when I moved to the 828. Those cameras gave me soooo much and put up with an idiot user like me and still brought home the goods. I always thought that by keeping them around I'd use them again. It didn't happen. After 6 idle months, I sold the 707. Same thing with the 717. I did hold on to the 828 for awhile, but after I got my 20D, I never spent any quality time with it again :cry

I know it's reality but right now I just can't face the facts and sell it. Boy, it's taught me so much without a wimper. Hmmm well a couple resets, but still no wimper. My old (80's) beloved Canon T50 started collecting some dust as soon as digitals 1st came out. I bought a little Kodak 1mp and never looked back. (My 3 year old is shooting that camera now. rolleyes1.gif)
    The Sony was a whole new game. I could control things, aperature, shutter speed ahhhhhhhhhh.

Once you get comfy with the 20D, they'll have to pry it outta of your cold dead fingers....Laughing.gif The old 828 will be relagated to niche shooting like IR. Or, when you want to travel light. Not to worry though. You will be so thrilled with the results the 20D gives you, you will have dear memories of it, but no desire to use the 828 again ne_nau.gif

You will be amazed by so many little things. Like, where'd the noise go? :D
    Or, how come there's no PF in this shot? headscratch.gif Or, OMG I can see so well through the optical TTL viewfinder iloveyou.gif Or even, I left my finger on the release and shot 23 images before I knew it.....Laughing.gif

I loved my Sonys, but I believe you are in for a real treat Dana thumb.gif

Steve
    OH yeah noise, grrrrrr not a shot over 200 ISO ever turned out good for me so I just lived with it. PF - avoided it like the plague, but I love high contrast shots. Hehe buffer can we say buffer. I have a lead finger when shooting action. And the viewfinder - I have never used the LCD for the simple fact that I can't see it. My arms are not long enough to see anything but a big blurry blob. At my age that happens. I manage with the OVF on the Sony but still sometimes I would think it was in focus when using manual and find out later Laughing.gif NO PRIZE

One thing I'm wondering about.
    On the Sony as you change you settings - Aperature, shutter speed you do get a representation of what is happening to your shot on the OVF. That's not so on the Canon or am I misled and confuseled?

Y'all are going to get sick real quick of my questions. Manuals don't last long around me because I read them to death, but you bet I'm going to be asking a million questions that the manual doesn't quite cover. :D
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 24, 2006
    Dana,
    The reason you are going to love the optical viewfinder versus the Sony EVF is that it is the view right through the lens. Not a digial image of what's hitting the sensor. No more jumpy movements cuz the EVF can't keep up. No problem in low light either clap.gif You are able to see what the shot will look like through the lens. You can use the Depth-of-Field button to give you a view of what the pic will look like at the aperture you are using. The TTL view is always using the lenses maximum aperture. By using DOF preview, the view will be shown at the actual aperture you have selected versus max aperture.

Just remember to review your histogram after your shot and you should do just fine :D

Hey, I know what you mean about never using the LCD on the Sonys. I am far-sighted and have to wear glasses to see close in. With the optical VF and EVF I was able to adjust the diopter setting to be able to see clearly. This didn't help when trying to view the LCD. So I usually keep my reading glasses close at hand if I need to chimp (review) my shots.

Dana, others in here will harp on reading the manual. As a male, I can't see where the adventure is in doing that ne_nau.gif It's akin to stopping and asking for directions lol3.gif Nevah......Laughing.gif Just in case you are like me, don't sweat it. You'll have all the help you need right here thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero