Contrasts

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited February 22, 2006 in Sports
My daughter runs for our local Athletics club in a xcountry league, I love the enthusiasm at the start
54780950-L.jpg

shame it doesn't last till the finish, these three were joint last at the first hill!
54781079-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 21, 2006
    Nice ones Gubbs thumb.gifthumb.gif

I don't think the 3 girls are tired as much as they were looking for some nice leaves to take pictures of.......Laughing.gif

I am glad you didn't include a shot of some poor girl wretching her guts out :uhoh

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Hi Gubbs
    Did anyone question you about taking these photo's, i went to watch my son play football last month and the Ref said he would call the police if i didn't stop, something about taking photo's of under 16's
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Man, that second shot reminds me of running mandatory cross country.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    gsgary wrote:
    Hi Gubbs
    Did anyone question you about taking these photo's, i went to watch my son play football last month and the Ref said he would call the police if i didn't stop, something about taking photo's of under 16's

Here its under 18's. We have this system in place now & i had to get one to shoot adult sport as often there is a 17 year old in a cricket/rowing etc event. The main reason i got it was to shoot surf/ironman carnavals, our life savers have the power of police on the beach so now i just identify myself 1st up to the lifesavers..show them the card & from then on they just wave & smile. A bloody nuisance but it works.
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    Here its under 18's. We have this system in place now & i had to get one to shoot adult sport as often there is a 17 year old in a cricket/rowing etc event. The main reason i got it was to shoot surf/ironman carnavals, our life savers have the power of police on the beach so now i just identify myself 1st up to the lifesavers..show them the card & from then on they just wave & smile. A bloody nuisance but it works.

It may be 18yrs here i will checkne_nau.gif
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    I am glad you didn't include a shot of some poor girl wretching her guts out :uhoh

Maybe next time Steve :giggle

Cheers thumb.gif
    gsgary wrote:

No, but normally on events they ask you to register who you are and why you are taking pictures. They know me and my camera pretty well at the club now as I go to training (as a spectator rolleyes1.gif) with my daughter every week and attend most of the matches.

As for calling the police, I'm actually not sure if it's illegal to take pictures of U16's without consent. Having said that, I'm sure the police if they chose to could make life difficult for you.

I did a quick google and found the press association code of practise on The Times website, which has the following guidlines:-

"6. Children
    i) Young people should be free to complete their time at school without unnecessary intrusion.
    ii) Journalists must not interview or photograph a child under the age of 16 on subjects involving the welfare of the child or any other child in the absence of or without the consent of a parent or other adult who is responsible for the children.
    iii) Pupils must not be approached or photographed while at school without the permission of the school authorities.
    iv) There must be no payment to minors for material involving the welfare of children nor payments to parents or guardians for material about their children or wards unless it is demonstrably in the child's interest.
    v) Where material about the private life of a child is published, there must be justification for publication other than the fame, notoriety or position of his or her parents or guardian."

The fact that it is a "code of practise" suggests that it's not covered by the law.