Danielle, swimsuit

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited February 22, 2006 in People
1.jpg

24.jpg25.jpg

:): My retouch job in the top one is a bit shabby. If your monitor is too bright or you highlight the image you'll see my shafty paint in job... must fix that.

Comments

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    As always, nice job Owen!

I don't mind her expression, but I think it would be nice to show some different expressions on the different shots?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    lighting-wise these look pretty good. i like the bottom left picture the most. i feel like these are missing something, i've seen much better from you. i think the crop of the bottom right picture makes her leg look bizarre.

i love being harsh in the morning. :D
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Are they missing sunshine, water & hair blowing in the wind?

rolleyes1.gif

Sorry, it was -15 here when we shot these. ;)
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Bottom left is my favorite, it has the best pose. The top one she is in an odd pose that doesn't lok very natural or comfortable to me. She really does have the exact same expression in all the shots, even the same tilt of her head in each.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Yup, she does have the same expression. It'll be famous one day. ;) Keep in mind these will never be displayed in a "set", her agent will pick one of approx. 50 to go into her portfolio.

Re: the poses, it's fashion. Nothing in fashion photography is natural nor comfortable.
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Nothing in fashion photography is natural nor comfortable.
    You might be right, but isn't the idea not to show it headscratch.gif ("it" being un-naturalness & discomfort)
    edited February 22, 2006
    gubbs wrote:
    You might be right, but isn't the idea not to show it headscratch.gif ("it" being un-naturalness & discomfort)

15524779-Ti.gif
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    If you don't want or value people opinions, why post? I don't get it headscratch.gif

edit
    blimey you deleted that pretty quick rolleyes1.gif
    edited February 22, 2006
    you could justify an uncomfortable position if it made the body look flattering, but to me that first picture looks uncomfortable and unflattering.

owen, maybe we're all wrong, but you need to be able to take all types of criticism in order to improve.

one of my friends had some of his work shown in a gallery recently. he showed me some pictures and asked what he should display and what he shouldn't. there was a picture of a leaf that i absolutely hated and thought it was boring, i told him to definitely not show it. he told me that another one of his friends told him the same thing about the picture, but he wants to show it anyway. on the first day of the exhibit, somebody purchased the picture. to each his own.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    owen, maybe we're all wrong, but you need to be able to take all types of criticism in order to improve.

15524779-Ti.gif

And, I hope Owen, you continue to post here! deal.gif