Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    ogiejr wrote:
    hi guys if somebody delete my account ogieabastillas.smugmug.com
    can i still get it? its a pro account

or am i gonna register for a new one?

thanks

Do you mean this one? It's not deleted, it's an active account right now.

http://ogieabastillas.smugmug.com/
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 21, 2006
    thanks andy yup its still active :)

i mean if someone try to delete my account can i still get it? the exact url address?

someone already do that in my pbase :) people here in our house is so weird
    hehehehehe :)

Andy wrote:
    Do you mean this one? It's not deleted, it's an active account right now.

edited February 21, 2006
    ogiejr wrote:
    thanks andy yup its still active :)

i mean if someone try to delete my account can i still get it? the exact url address?

someone already do that in my pbase :) people here in our house is so weird
    hehehehehe :)

How could they delete your account, you're not sharing your password are you?

ear.gif
    edited February 21, 2006
    the ussual computer feeds hehehehehe same comp sir andy :)

we have all pro account and i dont know why the keep on messing my account :)

anyway just want to ask if it can be done or i have to open another or new
    account :)

thanks andy your so helpful :)

Andy wrote:
    How could they delete your account, you're not sharing your password are you?

ear.gif
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Yes this is a good question. What happens if someone gets hold of my password through nasty hacking or when I accidently hit one of the many links in the control panel to do it? I wondered about this before.
    Does everything get flushed immeadeatly? Or are you disabling the account first and then ask per mail if this was done on purpose?
    I would like you to send me an inquiry first before flushing all my precious images! Can we have this in email preferences as some might consider this spam? thumb.gif "'Account deleting scheduled' notice" (leaving me 2 weeks or so to react) Mmhm, 2 weeks might be a bit short if I'm just on a trip around the world or something like that...

Seriously - I would like to know how you handle that and the feature request was real too!

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited February 21, 2006
    Yes this is a good question. What happens if someone gets hold of my password through nasty hacking or when I accidently hit one of the many links in the control panel to do it? I wondered about this before.
    Does everything get flushed immeadeatly? Or are you disabling the account first and then ask per mail if this was done on purpose?
    I would like you to send me an inquiry first before flushing all my precious images! Can we have this in email preferences as some might consider this spam? thumb.gif "'Account deleting scheduled' notice" (leaving me 2 weeks or so to react) Mmhm, 2 weeks might be a bit short if I'm just on a trip around the world or something like that...

Seriously - I would like to know how you handle that and the feature request was real too!

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    First of all - these are TWO separate issues - the O.P. seems to be sharing his password, or sharing a PC, and leaving his site logged on. THAT is a separate issue.

Now, to Sebastian's question:

No, we do not send you an inquiry, beyond the "really delete?" challenge that you get right now.

If your password was compromised, and someone deleted a gallery of yours, you should email our help desk immediately. There's a very good chance we can recover the albums. We DON'T make any guarantees on this, but we USUALLY can undelete accidentally deleted galleries if you notify us fast enough.
    edited February 21, 2006
    how about the url name sir? still the same?

thanks
    edited February 21, 2006
    ogiejr wrote:
    how about the url name sir? still the same?

thanks

Yes, your account is still

edited February 21, 2006
    thanks so much :)

Andy wrote:
    Yes, your account is still