Don't be afraid

swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
edited February 21, 2006 in Cameras
With all the updates, new cameras, more megapixels etc. there are so many concerned when a new camera is announced by someone. I think there is a fear that a better camera will be announced than the one you have. I would like to suggest that it is time to stop being afraid. The photography world is starting to reach the point it was at in the film era. Multiple companies make quality products.
I am a proud owner of an Olympus E-500. I love it. It is a fabulous photographic tool. I am extremely happy with my purchase. However, there are also other fabulous camera's. Canon, Olympus, and Nikon all make wonderful cameras that are well built, and provide quality results. We don't need to be afraid of those other companies, or find reasons to justify our decision to go with one or the other. They are mostly all good products. Be happy with what you decided, because it is most likely a great tool.:thumb

Comments

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif

I'll keep my 20D for many, many moons.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif If I could only marry my 20d. It would be the 3rd bride. Maybe that's where I went wrong the last two times.
  • Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    I doubt it is fear of a new camera, I think its excitement of having a body within a certain price point that can resolves some of the issues you come across like the AF system on a 20D not focusing correctly for a target moving towards you.
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses