Patriotism? Yep!

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited February 21, 2006 in People
Irrespecitive of one's views of the efforts in Afghanistan and/or Iraq, the following is one of my definitions of patriotism.

In the first, this young man (my son:smile6) is swearing the oath office, that he will up-hold and defend the constitution, etc. At the end of this, the rank of 2nd LT is conferred upon him.

57206680-L.jpg

Note that above, he does not have any rank insinia, while in the bottom, he does. The bottom is the traditional "first salute", usually offered by the ranking NCO present:

57206682-L.jpg

C&C is welcome - but I KNOW these are not much more than snap-shots. I've done a little work with them, but I didn't have a lot to work with given the lack of light and the expressed request to "stay in your seat", etc.

I do hope you find some value in them, none the less.:D

Comments

• juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Congratulations! You must be very proud. Thankfully there are young people out there willing to make the sacrifice so the rest of us can enjoy our freedom.
    clap.gif
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX
  • CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    I do hope you find some value in them, none the less.:D
    I find a lot of value in people who will fight for this country and the freedom we have!!

thumb.gif to your son and his commitment!
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
    L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 21, 2006
    Scott

congrats to you and to your son and may he always remain safe-

george
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    As long as young people like your son are prepared to make this committment, there is hope for us.
  • RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    May your son stay safe and let him know that our thoughts are with him.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Thank you all
    Thank you all for your kind words. I can never judge how closely others' feelings match mine when it comes to this sort of thing. It is people like my son and all you well-wishers that continue to give me hope!!

After his commissioning, the Army put him on Reserve Status. So, he is looking for a job while he waits for the Army to actually call him up to active duty (and it will happen, eventually). So, for right now, he is safe. And at home, which is why he is looking for a job - he wants to move out and get on his own and continue growing.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    david_h wrote:
    As long as young people like your son are prepared to make this committment, there is hope for us.

15524779-Ti.gif Very warm hello's and thank you's from all of us.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos