Upload question (Sizing..)

ckwheelerckwheeler Beginner grinnerRegistered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited September 26, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I have another question.. I use a Canon 10D and shoot weddings at Raw+Med and when viewed raw are about 36mb's per picture, when I then convert them to tiff they are about 18, well then I see I can't upload tiff's so i go back to original files and change to jpg's uncompressed and they are only 3mb's, how big can these print at good quality? I need to be able to print at 11x14 and 16x20 without any problems. Anyone have any advice on this. Thanks :)
Katrina

Comments

  • GREAPERGREAPER Major grins Toledo, OhioRegistered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2004
    I have a D100 which is 6.3 mp, I print 11x14 from JPGs all the time with excellent results, I suspect 16x20 will be satafactory as well.
  • ckwheelerckwheeler Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 26, 2004
    What size are your jpgs?


    GREAPER wrote:
    I have a D100 which is 6.3 mp, I print 11x14 from JPGs all the time with excellent results, I suspect 16x20 will be satafactory as well.
  • dkappdkapp Custon Title :) Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2004
    ckwheeler wrote:
    I have another question.. I use a Canon 10D and shoot weddings at Raw+Med and when viewed raw are about 36mb's per picture, when I then convert them to tiff they are about 18, well then I see I can't upload tiff's so i go back to original files and change to jpg's uncompressed and they are only 3mb's, how big can these print at good quality? I need to be able to print at 11x14 and 16x20 without any problems. Anyone have any advice on this. Thanks :)
    Katrina

    I just printed some 13x19's at home last night. I used the same file uploaded to smugmug & quality was amazing.

    There is a printing section in the Smugmug help that will help answer your questions. http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality

    Dave
  • ckwheelerckwheeler Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 26, 2004
    What size was your files?
    dkapp wrote:
    I just printed some 13x19's at home last night. I used the same file uploaded to smugmug & quality was amazing.

    There is a printing section in the Smugmug help that will help answer your questions. http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality

    Dave
  • dkappdkapp Custon Title :) Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2004
    ckwheeler wrote:
    What size was your files?

    5.9mb shot w/ a D70 in RAW, converted to jpg. If you read through the printing link I posted, it will talk about how EZprints will resize your picture to get the best image at any size. If you upload your 6mb jpg & order a 30x40 print, they will upsize it for you automatically.

    I have ordered a 12x18 through Smugmug to check quality & it was flawless. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Buying a test print may not be a bad idea either.

    Dave
Sign In or Register to comment.