Adjusting gallery prices

CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited February 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

Hoping for a quick answer as I have already told my customer about the price change....

I like to offer my customers a special discount if they order within a particular time (like 48 hours).

I have portfolio wide pricing. How can I go into an individual gallery and drop the pricing by 20%? Currently when I go into a gallery "custom pro pricing" the prices are blank because they are the standard portfolio prices. So therefore I can't drop the prices. Any ideas?? I will do this one manually but thought someone could help.

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Cammo wrote:
    Hi,

Hoping for a quick answer as I have already told my customer about the price change....

I like to offer my customers a special discount if they order within a particular time (like 48 hours).

I have portfolio wide pricing. How can I go into an individual gallery and drop the pricing by 20%? Currently when I go into a gallery "custom pro pricing" the prices are blank because they are the standard portfolio prices. So therefore I can't drop the prices. Any ideas?? I will do this one manually but thought someone could help.

Thanks!

Cammo, price for the gallery and that will take precedence over your portfolio pricing. Then, after 48 hrs, you can kill the gallery pricing.

It's all here in SmugMug Help:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

I hope this helps!
  • CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Cammo, price for the gallery and that will take precedence over your portfolio pricing. Then, after 48 hrs, you can kill the gallery pricing.

It's all here in SmugMug Help:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

I hope this helps!

Yep, found that help link before. So, the decrease/increase feature can't be used at a gallery level? I was hoping there was a way I could drop a particular gallery by 20% easily and then revert the pricing back to normal 48 hours later. It appear that the only way is to manually adjust all the pricing in a particular gallery down by 20%?

Also, it would be great if there were saveable pricing templates (like the saveable gallery customization feature). You can currently base your pricing on a previous gallery but no options to give a pricelist a name. If this was possible you could select a pricelist like "20% off my normal prices" and apply that to an individual gallery. 48hrs later you could simply clear that custom pricing and it would revert back to normal portfolio pricing.

I may have come up with another way of doing it however. If I created a private gallery called 20% Discount and then gave that gallery custom pricing that was 20% below my regular price, I am guessing that on any other gallery I should be able to select "Quick Pricing / From Previously Priced Galleries / 20% Discount"?? Reckon that would work??

Thanks Andy!!
    edited February 21, 2006
    Cammo wrote:
    I may have come up with another way of doing it however. If I created a private gallery called 20% Discount and then gave that gallery custom pricing that was 20% below my regular price, I am guessing that on any other gallery I should be able to select "Quick Pricing / From Previously Priced Galleries / 20% Discount"?? Reckon that would work??

Thanks Andy!!

That's exactly how many folks do it.
  • CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    That's exactly how many folks do it.

No problem... Any chance on adding a "saveable nameable custom pricing template thingy" to the wishlist?

Cheers
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Bulk gallery price changes
    As far as I can tell currently to change gallery prices you have to do it ONE gallery at a time... which is a real pita when wanting to set up or change prices over LOTS of galleries (example when needing to change all sports galleries to raise or discount prices and there's 25-50 galleries to change).
    I figured out how to apply gallery templates in bulk but is there any way to change gallery price's in bulk. I've created some galleries to use as price templates... any way to select lots of galleries at once and apply one gallery price to all selected galleries? This would be oh so helpful :-)

Thanks,
    Cindy
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
    edited February 22, 2006
    Cammo wrote:
    No problem... Any chance on adding a "saveable nameable custom pricing template thingy" to the wishlist?

Cheers

Feature request thread...