Future actress...

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited February 23, 2006 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Continuing to post some photos taken at Master-class of my firend Vladimir Granov. They are students of Institute of Arts.

3657.jpg
3656.jpg
3658.jpg
3659.jpg

Please for critique and comments consider these photos as separate ones...
Spasibo
Yuri

Comments

• 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Like Always
    Yuri,

Your work is fantastic. I have no pointers as you have covered it all! Hope all is well for you near Moscow.thumb.gif
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    The way you have captured her eyes is absolutely astounding thumb.gif . They are so clear and detailed.

Seamus
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    that last one is simply stunning Yuriclap.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Man, Yuri!
    "YURI THE MAN!" lol...

as always rolleyes1.gif

Another very nice set of portraits thumb.gif

Hey, anyone else see a bit of Nicole Kiddman in these? I sure do mwink.gif

Take care and good light,

Mongrel
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 22, 2006
    Mongrel-

Nicole-first thing I thought of-of course, a lot of times she's the last thing I think of---

Yuri-

comments-yes-love 'em all!

critiques-you gotta' be kiddin'!

george
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Fantastic Yuri! Great series.......I really like the tight shots. Brings out those "Nicole" eyes!
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    I would definitely stay with color on these. Not that the B&W is bad but I think she has a beautiful complexion, gorgeous eyes and lovely hair color so I would keep them in color. The first shot seems to have a very slight blue tint to it but I really like the complementary colors of her shirt to her hair. The last shot really surprised me as I scrolled down to it. The colors are so different from the rest but I still really like it. I love photos with colors like the last one, would you be kind enough to let us know how you got it like that? The only thing I find a little distracting about the last shot is that the catch lights are directly on the center of her pupils giving her a distant stare. Not that I really know what I am talking about but I know you are always looking for honest feedback so there is my try at it.

Since these are students at Institute of Arts, I'm curious if you showed them any of your work and what they thought of it.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    I would definitely stay with color on these. Not that the B&W is bad but I think she has a beautiful complexion, gorgeous eyes and lovely hair color so I would keep them in color. The first shot seems to have a very slight blue tint to it but I really like the complementary colors of her shirt to her hair. The last shot really surprised me as I scrolled down to it. The colors are so different from the rest but I still really like it. I love photos with colors like the last one, would you be kind enough to let us know how you got it like that? The only thing I find a little distracting about the last shot is that the catch lights are directly on the center of her pupils giving her a distant stare. Not that I really know what I am talking about but I know you are always looking for honest feedback so there is my try at it.

Since these are students at Institute of Arts, I'm curious if you showed them any of your work and what they thought of it.

Spasibo, Nick!
    Sorry, but I cant tell you the secret of #4 colors, cause I ... cant remember whta I was doing ther :-)
    I use optikvervelabs.com free plugins for PS and often make experiments there...

As for the thoughts of students - I visited them 2 times and presented some their photos to them...
    They were in .... shock. For some reason they even didnt see such quality portraits (as they say)...
    I must meet them again soon, when the other photos will be ready and I'll present them. Also, I'm going to make a page about Granov Master Class at my site.
    Again thank you,
    Yuri
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    Stunning as usuall! They're all great, but I just love #1 - great eye contact and charming intimacy! When I "look at her" (it almost doesn't feel like a photograph) it feels like she is trying to "communicate" with me. Extraordinary!

Matty
  • twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    Yuri - this is a wonderful set of portraits. You have captured her eyes wonderfuly, yet they do not overpower the shots. Love the tight crop.
  • ebwestebwest Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    I'm just browsing through and I'm in no way qualified to critique protraits, but they a really nice shots. My only suggestion would be maybe just a hint of a smile.

Thanks for showing them.