My Very First Post...

Freaking GeniusFreaking Genius Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited February 22, 2006 in People
Taken with a meek little A75. I really wish I had better camera. I hate the amount of noise in this shot. But otherwise, let me know what you think. I'm a total newb (in terms of photography and technology) so any advice is greatly appreciated.

55956573-M.jpg

Comments

• Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    welcome!
    I like your photo! I think you've got a good eye! Have fun learning photography - this is a good place to be.

(I like your name, cracks me up!)

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Welcome Genius!

Low lighting is tough. I do like the composition of the shot a lot. You've done a nice job of filling the frame and showing action.

I would like to see the singer sharper, as she does look a little out of focus to me.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 22, 2006
    Welcome to Dgrin. :D I love the burst of light behind the guitarist. The A75 is a great little camera, but it doesn't do well in low light. I think you have done about the best you can. Noise is unavoidable on the A75 at anything above ISO 100. The best you can do is to use noise reduction filters in post-processing. Or you could just learn to incorporate the noise into the overall effect. I don't mind the noise in this shot as much as the soft focus.

Keep shooting. I got into photography thanks to an A75 some of my best pics came from it.

Cheers,
  • Freaking GeniusFreaking Genius Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2006
    thanks...
    I totally agree about the focus. I was relying on the auto focus on these shots b/c manually focussing an A75 takes too long to capture anything but still shots. Hence my coveting the 20D.