Options

need a new LCD monitor

G_DG_D Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 23, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Currently I am using a 4-year old 17 inch CRT monitor, which I payed $100 for. I have been using it for 4 years now without any problems.

But recently I bought a laptop, which has a 15 inch LCD monitor. When I compare my LCD and CRT side-by-side, WOW. The LCD is so much sharper and clear, and the CRT has a green tint to it and looks blurry.

So I'm thinking about selling my current CRT monitor for like $50 on ebay and replacing it with a LCD.

So I'm looking at getting a 19" LCD. I also play games, so a fast response time is good. But I also need something that will perform good in the digital darkroom, which I hear cheaper LCDs do poor in.

So basically I'm looking for (I think):

- 750:1 contrast ratio or higher
- 320 cd/m2+ Brightness
- 8ms response time

Anything else I should be looking for? Viewing angle?

What brands are good? I'm looking to spend around $200.00. I see samsung has some good ones for around $200.00 that have good reviews.

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited February 23, 2006
    GD, I'm not up on my 19" monitors. I just switched to a ViewSonic 23" widescreen and love it.

In the 19" catagory, my guess is there's hundreds of potential candidates out there to look at. Most everything is much better than a few years ago. Have you tried poking around in computer magazine or on-line reviews?

Someone else will probably chime in here soon with more info 4 you.

Welcome to DGrin!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky