She actually is really nice...

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited March 29, 2006 in People
I took some shots of this nice girl named Liz the other day.
I've already posted one picture of her...
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=28639
So, I thought that I would show you that she is a very nice girl and one of the most comfortable, down-to-earth people infront of the lens that I have ever come across.
Hope you enjoy.
Ashley

As you can tell I was drawn to her because of her coat. Ever since seeing Yuri's pictures of nice looking Russian women in beautiful fur trimmed coats I have always wanted to do it myself. Different nationality same fur coat; close enough.
x1pNWjjkHJ3o_wBaGFldUqhSOEvvhUp5OdITq8VZqJuh4ZpxfFQkDQLIYya5NN2E6n37UWh0R8qqhVRE7DmZUKxrFOve3QXIy4QNTdizIfL71AFTQSeTDrfrUr7o-o54kwBCRyziA_a4JE

x1pNWjjkHJ3o_wBaGFldUqhSKx_XcSxqx_5BesDhqizZRenLkvR_uOMnnl6YvKzBezhiPPE5BtT2KUU__S6n_ouLQFL_rHG4-Z2345kTds921Dy67mfpbIClWMm1Sx7_lIJ-7viJvgHihE

x1pNWjjkHJ3o_wBaGFldUqhSKF-IveJUmFxgcibB8xhxCzzDjGzQdCmypSgaXl3yJjVdhMUP22ScWzo2aV7vmaQqBGy6iG_X_ygD7LiyDPRN8cL-oEmDH6aSxnnqIMzIoQUVJjFIWWVdXw

x1pNWjjkHJ3o_wBaGFldUqhSI9FtXsUypn0mdSU-iSb6By4xM4TivQs20KgkuHOFOd53DEUZIixziB4ryka9X5BWt_xuuyWjhRIm7_2vb4NT_c-SfLZj7xySqk1QhlzLQRB1xymwwulPyc
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    nice shots. I don't like the last one, though. A bit too harsh. While accentuating the model's beauty isn't always the goal, the last one doesn't work for me on any level.

#1 & #3 would be my choices.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    i absolutely love love love the second one.
  • David StevensDavid Stevens Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    I agree-I like the second one also. :):
    David L. Stevens
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    Love #2

#1 seems a little OOF
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    #2 FANTASTICALLY GREAT clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    Can't say I'm a fan of the over enhanced eyes., but #2 works.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2006
    I like the eyes in the first shot but her head looks like it is floating. Personally I like the third shot the best. I think these are some of the best you have posted.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2006
    Number 3 is great, what a cute expression!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2006
    Altough I agree with the eyes issue, number two is outstandingclap.gif
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Hi,
    Thanks for all the comments.
    John- I think your right about the last one. I personally didn’t like it all that much but I thought that people sometimes like those shots- Liz and I were actually joking about it- it was one of her first shots.
    XO-S- Yea, you’re right about number 1. I processed these all quickly and I soften the skin and leaving the eyes normal. I think I went over board. Hence the really over enhanced eyes that Owen mentioned.
    Nick- I don’t know if I can do anything about the floating head- that was the original crop of the picture. But thanks for your comments. I’ll look back at the shots for some sign of a neck.
    With Number 2 I just ran the original through filters, after some tweaking, that Yuri suggested in one of his threads. I think its one of my favorites too. Along with 3 which was just such a fluke- I wasn’t even looking through the lens.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2006
    Hi, thegreenegg
    Great Photos!thumb.gif
    Is Liz new to the modeling?
    What camera did you use?

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/northcarolinamodels
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Great.
    I like #2 more.thumb.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Absolutely love 2 and the expression in 3. Nice! thumb.gif
    edited March 27, 2006
    Liz new to modeling?... Umm, I guess since she isn't one. I just asked her for some pictures one day and we went into a school hallway with nice light and outside against a brick wall a little later.
    Thanks for your comments.
    Here is a picture of a boy named Evan I took the same day. He's a nice guy and wanted something that made him look like a bad guy.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 28, 2006
    Love the 2nd one also thumb.gif The pose, the treatment, her eyes, the composition. It's all good clap.gif

#1 is too ethereal for me. As mentioned, her eyes, lips and tip of her nose, look to be floating on an otherwise featureless face :uhoh (night of the Living Dead?...lol)

I do like #3 also, but nowhere near as much as #2. I won't beat a deadhorse :deadhorse but #4 is extremely unflattering, IMHO.

Good work Egg clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited March 28, 2006
    The eye treatment is way too fake.

I think it's a stage we all go through, though.
    edited March 29, 2006
    And still go through.;)
    Ahh, but alas when I saw you as having posted I knew what you were going to say. I understand. I was having fun.
    To tell you the truth it looks much better in printed form than seeing it here.
    I always calm down. I don't usually go so overboard.
    I find I keep most of the work I really like to myself and post stuff that I'm not so sure of here.
    Thanks though I'll keep it in mind.
    Ashley
    Owen wrote:
    The eye treatment is way too fake.

I think it's a stage we all go through, though.
    Green is the way to be!
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Nice photos, egg! Each has a purpose, with different treatments! IMO.

I, too, like the second one. The last one is not that flattering, but it is a good photograph.

I imagine the first one is softish looking on purpose! Smile. Then she is playing around in like the third shot. Cool shooting!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited March 29, 2006
    Actually, that IS my eye color. It just looks sweet when I do it selectively.

rolleyes1.gifSeriously. :P
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    The second one is by far the most artistically and compositionally interesting. However, the blownout face causes me to think. Part of me likes the blown out face because it almost fits with the message sent by wearing the coat. However, I think you could still send that message by bringing those hilights back in a bit.