EXIF Info with the Ninja!

ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
edited March 14, 2006 in Finishing School
Has anyone been able to get photos adjusted with Noise Ninja to retain the EXIF info when uploaded to Smugmug?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    Bump
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 14, 2006
    You lose EXIF when going through Noise Ninja? Really!? I use Neat Image, and something like that never occurred to me as a possibility!
    headscratch.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    I use Noise Ninja, but currently only as a PS plugin. I haven't tried the standalone in over a year. It doesn't kill the EXIF info, and NN treated images retain EXIF, also on Smugmug. If it matters: I use Noise Ninja Pro, the bundle with both the plugin and standalone version (of which I only use the first). Could you describe your workflow, the actually used versions of your software, so we can find out what is going on with your files?
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    NN should retain EXIF with TIF format
    Thando wrote:
    Has anyone been able to get photos adjusted with Noise Ninja to retain the EXIF info when uploaded to Smugmug?
    When I used to use the stand-alone version of Noise Ninja, it did retain EXIF in TIF files. But, I think I recall that I had to specifically select an EXIF TIF format when saving. I never saved as JPG, so I don't know if it worked for anything other than TIF.

Good luck,
    Ben