SF Bay at night from the air

ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
edited February 24, 2006 in Holy Macro
Spend the last two days doing some work at Stanford U (sorry, no pix this time. Maybe in May). Came back last night from Oakland Airport. Flight delays cost me the light I needed to get some better Bay shots.

Taking pix from a plane at night using 1/4-sec shutter speeds can be tricky, thank you very much (ISO 400 is the fastest I can muster right now)! But here's one of the Bay, with the San Mateo bridge also seen. And anybody having any tricks for night aerial photography can send them this way, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings any!
Steve-o

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2006
    Good Question
    Forehead wrote:
    Spend the last two days doing some work at Stanford U (sorry, no pix this time. Maybe in May). Came back last night from Oakland Airport. Flight delays cost me the light I needed to get some better Bay shots.

Taking pix from a plane at night using 1/4-sec shutter speeds can be tricky, thank you very much (ISO 400 is the fastest I can muster right now)! But here's one of the Bay, with the San Mateo bridge also seen. And anybody having any tricks for night aerial photography can send them this way, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings any!

I'd like to know that answer to that one too, the speeds didnt quite do it for you did they....... the image is blurred, would have looked great if there was no motion blur hu ......hopefully someone might be able to us what the answer is to taking nights shots from planes....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2006
    Speed of (f)light
    I'm almost certain that a much higher ISO is needed here--or much brighter city lights!

How's the winter Down Under this year?
    Skippy wrote:
    I'd like to know that answer to that one too, the speeds didnt quite do it for you did they....... the image is blurred, would have looked great if there was no motion blur hu ......hopefully someone might be able to us what the answer is to taking nights shots from planes....... Skippy (Australia)
    Steve-o
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2006
    Forehead wrote:
    I'm almost certain that a much higher ISO is needed here--or much brighter city lights!

How's the winter Down Under this year?

Its summer ... eek7.gif
  • ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2006
    I keep forgetting
    Here in SoCal, it always feels like summer. So I get confused! headscratch.gif

Now If I were back in Wisconsin where I grew up, I'd get my seasons right on either side of the Equator.
    Humungus wrote:
    Its summer ... eek7.gif
    Steve-o