First

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited February 26, 2006 in People
Drove 12 hours to see the ocean. Ran from the car to throw a stick in the ocean. His first trip to the ocean. Well worth the drive.

48738020-L.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    As a lad whom grew up in the middle of nowhere on a huge lonely dirt farm...i can really relate to this kid. We so rarely saw the ocean it was a massive high to be near it.

That shot has some thought put into it for me thumb.gif
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Well that's much better than my first trip to the Ocean. I was so excited that I ran in mouth and eyes wide open. Oops. Great shot of a first.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    I love a good shot with a story behind it.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Love a good story with a nice shot. You know, here's where using a fill flash would have made it even better, would have lit up his shadows.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    Man, I feel like I'm almost missing out, having been so many places and seen so many things. rolleyes1.gif I don't remember ever being excited about seeing the ocean, it was always just common to me. Same with mountains, snow, moose, grizzlies, and wearing T-shirts at 35*F. ne_nau.gif I suppose I haven't walked on sand dunes yet... that's something to look forward to! :): It's always awesome to see something new for the first time!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    I like this photo much! Very nice composition.
    And short story to... :-)
    Spasibo (in Russian Thank you)
    Yuri
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Love a good story with a nice shot. You know, here's where using a fill flash would have made it even better, would have lit up his shadows.

Agreed, great shot, especially with the story. Aside from the shadows, I think the shot has an overall blue cast to it. Try Shadow/Highlights (best done in LAB mode on L only, but however you run it, just do it).
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops