napoleon dynamite redux

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited February 25, 2006 in Holy Macro
looking at s kelby's new book on channels about compositing images and it brought to mind the goofy 70's or 80's pictures of napoleon and his brother:
57621407-L.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    lovely shot very cute kids
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 25, 2006
    lovely shot very cute kids

Awais-

you're a very kind and nice person, and I love you, man (that's as in 'I think you're a great guy' not as in 'I love you, man') (not that there's anything wrong with that)-

what I think we have here is a failure to communicate-

we are experiencing a culture gap-

this is a 'tongue-in-cheek', or sarcastic, or satirical 'work'-

I am making fun of a type of portrait that was in vogue in the us in the 70's? 80's? and is very much not in style now-

A recent movie had some portraits like this and the movie was making fun of a lot of cultural and social items (but not in a bad way)-

please don't let this stop you from making comments and critiques for I look forward to reading them, as I look forward to seeing your photos-

besides, if the shoe was on the other foot (if I was in Pakistan trying to understand and make it in your culture), by the end of the day, I would be too embarrassed to come out of the hotel room-

thanks much, Awais-
    your friend (I hope)
    george
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    I thought Awais's comments were tongue-in-cheek......Aside from that.....poor kid looks "dazed and confused". I've done a few of these...they can be fun.
    edited February 25, 2006
    I kind of wondered if he was pulling my leg-

but that's the kind of crap I would pull; he's too nice of a guy-

I used to work with a guy from the dominican republic-totally clueless to the 'nuances' of our culture-

conner likes to ham it up-

george

ps but hey, what do I know--

Awais, you blowin' smoke up you know where?
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    "lovely shot very cute kids"

So this dont fit here ? well i didn't knew i thought kid is posing at camera like that as kid do in front of camera
    Thanks I take my words back thumb.gif cheers
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Seriously, I do think the kid was cute. Tongue-in-cheek though it may have been, I think the smaller image does a really good job of showing his "cuteness".

Now then, the other one is either a kid "posing" for the camera, or it is a case of a parent gathering blackmail material for when the boy brings home the first girlfriend.:D I have a whole shoebox full of prints of my son (here's a good one I took of him today) with me in the shower, him in a plastic washbasin, running down the hall without his diaper, etc.
    edited February 25, 2006
    ahhh-2nd LT Quier, right? a son to be very proud of-

I love it when I see pics of these kids that they'll absolutely hate in several years-

of course, if you don't have a pic you can always tell them how they came into being or where they got their milk from when they were wee ones-

the boy in the pic is my grandson http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=28260
    and I will leave it up to his parents to garner blackmail material-

I'm on HIS side-

george
    edited February 25, 2006
    "lovely shot very cute kids"

So this dont fit here ? well i didn't knew i thought kid is posing at camera like that as kid do in front of camera
    Thanks I take my words back thumb.gif cheers

Awais-

believe me, I appreciate the kind words whether they fit or not-

george