Options

photo mount question

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited February 25, 2006 in Technique
Does anyone have experience with mounting / framing larger prints? I am looking at say 20X30 or 24X36 prints, and have some concerns about keeping the prints flat in the frame (or mat / matboard). I have framed one 20X30 and the print is not perfecrly flat like a smaller print.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Sam

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Does your lab offer mounting? That's what I do, any prints larger than 8x10 get mounted on styrene. No fuss no muss :-)
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Does your lab offer mounting? That's what I do, any prints larger than 8x10 get mounted on styrene. No fuss no muss :-)

At present if I don't print it myself I have been using MPIX, and they will dry mount it, but the mount board will be the same size as the photo, and I want the mount board to be the frame dimensions.

New info!!!

I just came back from the mall, and the local print / poster shop is closing, and they have a vacseal dry mount unit that will take up to 40"that they will sell for $100.

I can't find squat online about this unit, and the manager had just stepped out so I will be going back tomorrow to talk to them.

Seems like a good price. The only thing I could find online was about $5000. :D

Sam