Got Love????

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited February 25, 2006 in Holy Macro
Hi all...I've decided to attempt the unofficial "Photo-A-Day" club. It might be what I need to fuel some much needed inspiration. Here is my very first day's shot taken yesterday. The pressure was on...I dashed out on my lunch hour. Found a nice, trashy-looking old asphalt truck in a parking lot. Powered up my camera...glanced at the display...message: "No Media Card". :rofl Grrreaaaat!!! So I dashed to Office Depot and bought a new one (needed a spare anyway). By then lunch was over, so headed back to the office where I searched my desk for ideas. Found this box of Valentine candy....inspiration! No tripod, no lightbox, just up-close on my desk with a yellow file folder as my backdrop! One good thing...I took lots of shots, but have decide that time-wize I will only work on the best shot each day and save the others for those rainy days when you get sick of working on the same old stuff!

57641015-M.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    well thats very nice mwink.gif
    isn't very much space left in bottom ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Hi all...I've decided to attempt the unofficial "Photo-A-Day" club. It might be what I need to fuel some much needed inspiration.
    saurora,

I love the idea of the Photo-A-Day thing. I have seen other photographers with web-sites with similar theme. Hope you don't mind if I steal your thought and run with it.

I've set up a gallary here on my smugmug site for this. We'll see how well it goes. I am not permitted to bring a camera to my work-site. If the PTB get wind of a camera on site, they will take it and actually destroy it with a sledgehammer before disposing of it. You don't get to keep the CF card, the lens, nothing! So, that will limit me a bit.

Here is the first

I've been threatening Matthew (my son) with capturing a shot of him in his natural environment. I was finally successful!

57658421-M.jpg

C&C is welcome, though I don't think it's much worth it. This is just a snapshot that does a pretty good job of portraying Matt in the environment where he is most comfortable. Hmmm, maybe this qualifies as a portrait?ne_nau.gif I dunno, "I am just an egg."
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Scott, take it and run! Afterall, I took it from someone else! Sounds like you may be in for a little night photography if you can't bring your camera work. Your son looks a lot like you! Taking an environmental portrait makes your subject look comfortable and to me makes for an honest portrait. In fact, I think I'm going to take YOUR idea and do one of my son. I did take one of him last Sunday on the jetty across the street from where he lives. Neighborhood sucks, doesn't it?
    57142910-M.jpg
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    In fact, I think I'm going to take YOUR idea and do one of my son. I did take one of him last Sunday on the jetty across the street from where he lives. Neighborhood sucks, doesn't it?
    Yeah, sucks.rolleyes1.gif I don't know how he can live there. I might be willing to trade locations with him.