CH59 Thoughts?

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited February 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Meaning does it suit? Junk. Need Cropped? Any and all thoughts suggestions welcome.

57657654-L.jpg

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Really nice photo, Thusie. For me, though, it doesn't show "rough" except in the tree bark. I don't equate old and rusty with rough. But that is just me and others may disagree. I like the crop and wouldn't crop it any further. I would like the picture better if you could clone out the fuzzy white thing in the background. It distracts me from the neat rusty metal in the foreground and also takes away from the mysterious colors and mood of your background. In a perfect world, it would be nice if the tree in the immediate background didn't have the white wrapping on its lower trunk but that doesn't bother me the way the other brighter white does.

Good luck with the challenge!! I know you will enter something really good!

Virginia

Email
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Virginia,

Thank you much! I knew something was bugging me and you spotted it right off, the white wrap on the tree. Will try cloning and if nothing else I'll take both off and try to re-shoot.

I was thinking more on the lines of rough shape:-)
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Thusie, it's a nice shot that I'm not sure will work for the challenge. The background has a lot going on with the white around the trees, and the yellow object lying on the ground. Even the little tree tends to grab my attention away from the rusty farm equipment. My eyes don't want to stay on the subject matter. Even so, the lighting is lovely in this shot! Maybe a re-shoot from a different angle???
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    Thank you Saurora. Big problem for me, not noticing what else is in the framene_nau.gif The light at the time was sort of what brought on the shot and I'm now sort of fixated on the old Oliver. It has only been sitting under that tree for the last 25 years and now I find it photogenic?

Looks like i isn't working for Ch59 but I still want a good shot of it.
    Thanks a bunch!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    Definitely worth another shot!!!!15524779-Ti.gif