Options

Quebec City

Bellagio67Bellagio67 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
edited September 28, 2004 in Landscapes
Quebec City. The old city to be exact....It's hard to take a bad picture in what I believe to be the most beautiful city in North America but the challange here was to take things beyond the stereotypical. I figure if it looks like every post card you've seen before I've failed, so I set out to capture the essance of the city in bit's and pieces- through the limitless visual icons that define this stunning little city.

No matter what I shoot or where I am I want to capture that illusive part of our world that lurkes just slightly beyond our everyday experience. I want people to see the extraordinay in the ordinary and the devine in the obviously beautiful. It's not about pretty pictures. It's about reinventing the visual wheel.....seeing things in a brand new light and evoking a visceral response.....and if all that seems a bit too high concept, then just enjoy the pictures!:rofl I apply the same concept to all my work.....see my people photos too. Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2004
    Bellagio67 wrote:
    Quebec City. The old city to be exact....It's hard to take a bad picture in what I believe to be the most beautiful city in North America but the challange here was to take things beyond the stereotypical. I figure if it looks like every post card you've seen before I've failed, so I set out to capture the essance of the city in bit's and pieces- through the limitless visual icons that define this stunning little city.

No matter what I shoot or where I am I want to capture that illusive part of our world that lurkes just slightly beyond our everyday experience. I want people to see the extraordinay in the ordinary and the devine in the obviously beautiful. It's not about pretty pictures. It's about reinventing the visual wheel.....seeing things in a brand new light and evoking a visceral response.....and if all that seems a bit too high concept, then just enjoy the pictures!rolleyes1.gif I apply the same concept to all my work.....see my people photos too. Enjoy!
    thats a lovely shot bella.. what settings did you use and is there a velvia action going on here??clap.gif
    Lynn
  • Options
    Bellagio67Bellagio67 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2004
    Some more of my work for those interested......

http://bobandstacy.smugmug.com/Artthumb.gif Enjoy!