Ch 59 "Rough Neighborhood"

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited February 27, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
57752598-L.jpg

Rough Enough?

Thoughts welcome and appreciated:ear I'm all ears.
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    Here's another take:

57581852-L.jpg
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    Gee John I don't know. I like the first one because it has that very spooky neglected look, certainly rough. Seems a bit flat to mene_nau.gif

I do like the second one, the reflections in the windows (that are left) etc. etc.

Both pictures say rough, to me, but I think I like the 2nd one better.
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Gee John I don't know. I like the first one because it has that very spooky neglected look, certainly rough. Seems a bit flat to mene_nau.gif

I do like the second one, the reflections in the windows (that are left) etc. etc.

Both pictures say rough, to me, but I think I like the 2nd one better.

I'm largely in agreement with Thusie. The first picture is a little flat, but I still like it. However, I don't think "rough" as much as I do "abandoned" (although the "Keep Out" sign in the first one helps get the idea across).
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    Hi John,
    i actually prefer the first one, it was a little more eyecatching to me. the subject is great and the quality of it too! nice job catching a rough scene.

tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    thanks for the tips and thoughts!
    john w

Edward Steichen