Options

Rss

rmsrms Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 22 Big grins
edited September 30, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Do smugmug sites have RSS feeds? I'm thinking about feeds for individual galleries and for the site overall, to reflect when new photos or galleries are added...

Comments

• Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2004
    rms wrote:
    Do smugmug sites have RSS feeds? I'm thinking about feeds for individual galleries and for the site overall, to reflect when new photos or galleries are added...
    They don't currently, but depending on your technical expertise, you could create a feed using the new API. See the API, Hacks, & Tricks forum.
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2004
    rms wrote:

This is coming. We're still figuring out how to do it properly. It turns out that RSS feeds become a massive drain on server capacity, because everyone configures their RSS reader to query the server rapidly, all day long.

Essentially, it becomes a Denial of Service attack, because people get impatient for their updates. :)

We're working with some RSS/Atom aggregators to figure out a better solution. When one is ready, we'll be sure to roll it out and let you know.

Don