Email Uploads

jdelunajdeluna Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited February 26, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I'd like to give a guest the ability to upload pictures via e-mail; however, I'd like to be notified when pictures have been uploaded so I can review them. I've figured out how to set the guest e-mail password and under the mail preferences I have the "upload status" option checked but I am not receiving any e-mails. Perhaps I'm not understanding under what conditions the upload status e-mail is sent. Can someone help? Is there an alternative solution that someone can suggest? Thanks!

-- John

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    jdeluna wrote:
    I'd like to give a guest the ability to upload pictures via e-mail; however, I'd like to be notified when pictures have been uploaded so I can review them. I've figured out how to set the guest e-mail password and under the mail preferences I have the "upload status" option checked but I am not receiving any e-mails. Perhaps I'm not understanding under what conditions the upload status e-mail is sent. Can someone help? Is there an alternative solution that someone can suggest? Thanks!

-- John

Make sure you have email upload notifications checked in your preferences - and if you aren't getting the emails, please notify the help desk help@smugmug.com and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!
  • jdelunajdeluna Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Make sure you have email upload notifications checked in your preferences - and if you aren't getting the emails, please notify the help desk help@smugmug.com and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

Thanks Andy! I sent an e-mail to the support desk. I have the email upload notification preference set. Still not working. Thanks again!

-- John
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    jdeluna wrote:

-- John

We recently disabled email notifications because we were having some problems with the feature. My bad - I meant to mention this last week on the release notes, but it slipped through the cracks.

We're working on either improving or changing it to still give you some sort of insight into how your uploads are doing, but likely without emails.

More as we get it.

Don
  • jdelunajdeluna Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 26, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    We recently disabled email notifications because we were having some problems with the feature. My bad - I meant to mention this last week on the release notes, but it slipped through the cracks.

We're working on either improving or changing it to still give you some sort of insight into how your uploads are doing, but likely without emails.

More as we get it.

Don

Thanks Don! Hope you'll be able to come up with something.

On a personal note (and for other current and potential users) let me say that I'm thoroughly impressed with not only the Smugmug site but the prompt support on two issues I emailed help@smugmug.com about this weekend. I received personal e-mails on both issues today (Sunday!). Although Don's response to this issue doesn't quite solve my problem today, I still appreciate great customer service. Keep up the good work! I love everything you guys are doing!

Regards,

John