Had a hard time deciding - People or Animals

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited February 26, 2006 in People
I was out shooting this afternoon, looking for inspiration. There was a whole flock of Seagulls on the ground I think trying to stay warm as it was cold and very windy. For lack of anything better, I started shooting the birds, thinking sometimes it's kinda cool to see a repetition of a pattern in the image (they were all grouped together). All of a sudden, they all took flight and landed about 20 yards/meters (just for you metrics types:D). I wondered what all the fuss was about as I hadn't moved a bit.

From around the corner of the path you see in these images, this lady arrives. It was obvious to me that the birds knew exactly what was going to happen.

When I got it all home, I had a very difficult time deciding into which forum to post these, the animals/wildlife or the people. After consideration, it became appearant to me that these images weren't about the birds - they were about the relationship between the birds and the lady. OK, I admit it. Sometimes, I'm a little slow on the up-take.:dunno

Hope you enjoy...

The first two are here to provide some context - to give some idea of the number of Seagulls being discussed here.

57805007-S.jpg

57805005-S.jpg

This one, I believe, shows just how this lady feels about her birds.
57804730-L.jpg

Comments

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    Lady and seagulls
    I like the last shot. It is nice and spontaneous.thumb.gif
    The lack of inspiration is a little bit my problem.
    For me, it is worst than for you. You shoot. I don't. A shame.:sick
    This doen't happen when I'm abroad. There, I am very inspired and shoot a lot with some quality, I gess.
    Go on. Good Heath to you and a good working week.clap.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    I like the last shot. It is nice and spontaneous.thumb.gif
    The lack of inspiration is a little bit my problem.
    For me, it is worst than for you. You shoot. I don't. A shame.:sick
    This doen't happen when I'm abroad. There, I am very inspired and shoot a lot with some quality, I gess.
    Go on. Good Heath to you and a good working week.clap.gif
    Thank you for the kind words. I too like the last photo the best. The first two (the small ones) are included only to provide some context to the story.

As for shooting to find inspiration - I once heard/read a story about a famous author (Hemmingway?). As it was related to me, the author would often encounter writter's block. He said that only way he could over-come the writer's block was to write. I just extend the analogy to photography. I may not produce anything worth while, but I'm getting out of the house, giving inspiration a chance to find me.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    Once again, it's nice to have a shot with a story behind it. The last one made me smile...I love older folks. Looks like she's pretty intimate with the Canadian as well. He looks very protective of her! Good job (Today's photo is done...and a good one!) :D