Options

New Photo Mount Question

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited March 8, 2006 in Technique
Ok here are the photos of my new purchase. I hope this works out. If I under stand this, I need to find a good, maybe 3M, adhesive product to use.

If anybody can recomend an adhesive to mount photos to foam core backing, please let me know. Oh, and it came with a little vacuum pump.

Sam

Comments

• Options
    edited February 26, 2006
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2006
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Looks pretty sweet! I don't know a lot about adhesives, just stick with something that is acid free and archival.
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2006
    I picked up a can of 3M Vac-U-Mount spray adhesive. Info on can says it's made for vacuum systems, and photographs.

I mounted a test photo and it seems to work very well. Spray is clear with a very fine mist. I think it's going to be great for some projects.

I realy bought it for large prints that don't seem to want to lay flat, and for $100 I couldn't turn it down.

Sam
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Sam, let us know how well it works. I'd be interested. Did you buy it used, or what?
  • Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Sam wrote:
    I picked up a can of 3M Vac-U-Mount spray adhesive. Info on can says it's made for vacuum systems, and photographs.

I mounted a test photo and it seems to work very well. Spray is clear with a very fine mist. I think it's going to be great for some projects.

I realy bought it for large prints that don't seem to want to lay flat, and for $100 I couldn't turn it down.

Sam

for $100 I want one too ;)
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Sam, let us know how well it works. I'd be interested. Did you buy it used, or what?

Trial run was good, but I didn't put enough spray adhesive on the photo. (Rather start with too little, and work up) I will have another go at it, but I am sure this will work out well. Like anything else you need to practce a new skill / technique a little.

XO wrote: for $100 I want one too ;)

As for the $100. I was in the mall window shopping, and the print / framing shop was going out of business. I asked if they had any equipment to sell. They pointed to this, and said they wanted a $100. I said SOLD!

Sam
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    What is the lagest print it will handle....it looks huge.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 8, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    What is the lagest print it will handle....it looks huge.

Looks like it will accomodate 36"X46'. That's a little larger than anything I have printed to date. :D

Sam
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    Wow that is huge....thanks for the info.
    Looks like you got a great deal. thumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website