Sports Poster - Basketball

patrickbeilpatrickbeil Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited February 27, 2006 in Sports
I put this 16x20 poster together and thought I would share it. I am getting rave reviews on it! The coach really thought it was outstanding.

57843796-L.jpg
Pat

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 27, 2006
    Nice job Patrick clap.gif

Please take this criticism in the manner intended. I like the poster and the shot. But I was bothered somewhat by the fact that the featured player is a bit out-of-focus and that the background players are in better focus? :uhoh Especially the uniform top of the player right behind the shooter's head. I don't think it's motion blur, I think the AF point picked up on the better contrast of the background ne_nau.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • patrickbeilpatrickbeil Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    Nice job Patrick clap.gif

Please take this criticism in the manner intended. I like the poster and the shot. But I was bothered somewhat by the fact that the featured player is a bit out-of-focus and that the background players are in better focus? :uhoh Especially the uniform top of the player right behind the shooter's head. I don't think it's motion blur, I think the AF point picked up on the better contrast of the background ne_nau.gif

Steve
    Steve,
    Thanks for your honesty! I know that it is out of focus. This is the shot that got me started on the focusing thread...looking for help and suggestions. And I have gotten some quality responses. I continue to look and learn. I am continuing to work at it. I know I have a lot to learn. And I will learn. So, thanks for the criticism. It is accepted in the spirit intended.
    Pat
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 27, 2006
    Steve,
    Thanks for your honesty! I know that it is out of focus. This is the shot that got me started on the focusing thread...looking for help and suggestions. And I have gotten some quality responses. I continue to look and learn. I am continuing to work at it. I know I have a lot to learn. And I will learn. So, thanks for the criticism. It is accepted in the spirit intended.

Whew :D I am glad you already knew this one was a bit oof.....Laughing.gif If we disagreed on that point, there's really not much more I can say :):

This is kind of humorous, in that I sold some b-ball pics to parents and they would usually pick what I considered to be the worst shot, from a technical standpoint, of their sons ne_nau.gif I had some like yours, where their son wasn't the sharpest thing within the frame and yet they loved them......Laughing.gif No accounting for taste rolleyes1.gif

I saw your focus thread and just added something to it thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero