Options

MaxView DSLR II Adaptor

jtarterjtarter Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 29, 2004 in Accessories
Has anyone used the MaxView DSLR II Adaptor on a dobsonian. I have a Canon Digital 300D camera and a Starmaster 16" scope with the Goto. I'm just starting out in astrophotography and I'm having problems trying to focus. Currently I'm using DSLRFocus as the tool for focusing.

Jerry

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2004
    I wish! That's a big light bucket you've got there, how are the skies down there in Atlanta? Pretty dark?

Sorry I can't help with your question, but I hope you get it sorted out and post some photos. With that much mirror you could get some amazing shots! Good luck!
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    wave.gif Hiya jstarter. Fascinating set-up. I look forward to seeing your shots. We do have some star shooters here, hopefully they'll see this thread.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    j, here's a thread on shooting the moon. Might be helpful, try asking your focus question there.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Dark Sky
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I wish! That's a big light bucket you've got there, how are the skies down there in Atlanta? Pretty dark?

Sorry I can't help with your question, but I hope you get it sorted out and post some photos. With that much mirror you could get some amazing shots! Good luck!
    A bunch of us guys and gal have purchase about 57 acrea about 2 hours east of Atlanta GA and the skies are just absolutely beutiful. We plan on making this an Astonomer Village.
  • Options
    Thread
    wxwax wrote:
    j, here's a thread on shooting the moon. Might be helpful, try asking your focus question there.
    Thanks for the info, but I went to the thread and didn't find anything dealing with focusing