Rough.....Conditions.

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited March 4, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I figured I'd give this gig a shot, so here's a "rough shot". Feedback anyone?:scratch
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    This photograph has potential, but it is hard to tell what you have taken a picture of. Especially what it is that you want us to see as "rough." The silhouette seems to predominate, especially since the background is washed out. Can you adjust the contrast to bring out the detail and the color more?

BTW, you need to add a period between "smugmug" and "com" in your signature reference to your smugmug site. I went to see you other pix and couldn't get there. Liked your motorcycle stuff though!!

Goodluck in the challenge. It should be quite a contest!

Virginia

Email
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    Flyinggina wrote:
    This photograph has potential, but it is hard to tell what you have taken a picture of. Especially what it is that you want us to see as "rough." The silhouette seems to predominate, especially since the background is washed out. Can you adjust the contrast to bring out the detail and the color more?

BTW, you need to add a period between "smugmug" and "com" in your signature reference to your smugmug site. I went to see you other pix and couldn't get there. Liked your motorcycle stuff though!!

Goodluck in the challenge. It should be quite a contest!

Virginia

I'll see what I can do with contrast. I haven't had time to get out but once since this contest started, and snapped this shot as the fisherman walked into the icy river, I'm still hoping for better if I can't tweak this one.

And thanks for pointing out my missing "dot", I guess I forgot to double check that link.....oopseek7.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    I'll see what I can do with contrast. I haven't had time to get out but once since this contest started, and snapped this shot as the fisherman walked into the icy river, I'm still hoping for better if I can't tweak this one.

And thanks for pointing out my missing "dot", I guess I forgot to double check that link.....oopseek7.gif

I think it'd be good as a B/W? Maybe some more contrast first before converting it? [just a thought, I think it has potential too]
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    yeah i agree, convert it to monochrome mess with the curves, contrasts and brightness. the black silhouette, as ninja stated, is very predominant. but converting to b/w may just fix that problem. and for the title, how about "Rough Waters"? just a suggestion.