I was bored so I shot my cat

MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited February 28, 2006 in Holy Macro
Just having fun with my 50 1.8 and natural light. At the expense of my cat, Homie.

Say hello, Homie!

57762760-L.jpg

Ok, so sometimes she's not the most friendly of cats. :D Dani would probably put at least a few exclamation marks on that. :rofl

57567079-L.jpg
* no photographers were hurt in the taking of this shot

Sometimes she's mischievous, here she's knocked an empty coke can off the coffee table and looks for more trouble.

57566478-L.jpg

But, she has a softer side too.

57566916-L.jpg

57762762-L.jpg

57797044-L.jpg

I think everyone agrees that our pets (whatever that is, in this case my cat) make for great subjects. Hope you like!

AJ

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Sometimes she's mischievous, here she's knocked an empty coke can off the coffee table and looks for more trouble.

57566478-L.jpg
    AJ

not a cat lover myself, but i DO love small DOF and natural light, and this my friend is one awesome picture. only concern is that green tinge on her left side...headscratch.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    What a great set of cat photographs. I especially love her expression in the last one. Of course, #3 is probably more typical.rolleyes1.gif Thanks for sharing!

Virginia (cat lover)

Email
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    Oh, you photographed it. :cry You had my hopes up for a bit. Nice pics though. :D
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    Awww Da Eyes
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Just having fun with my 50 1.8 and natural light. At the expense of my cat, Homie.

Say hello, Homie!
    Ok, so sometimes she's not the most friendly of cats. :D Dani would probably put at least a few exclamation marks on that. rolleyes1.gif
    * no photographers were hurt in the taking of this shot
    But, she has a softer side too.
    I think everyone agrees that our pets (whatever that is, in this case my cat) make for great subjects. Hope you like!

AJ

That is one gorgeous looking cat......look at that face, and them eyes iloveyou.gif

That lens is nice and sharp isn't it, it shows up beautifully with your cats eyes thumb.gif good stuff :D Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    What good cat photos, I love especially the second one, as it is most interesting to me who loves blur! Effective use there of.

And that is a great subject line!!!! I saw it last night, came back to it this AM, I see you even got Harry to comment!

And what a good looking cat model!

I should shoot my cat, shot my dogs yesterday (outside with the 100mm macro lens). Yeah, why would I do that? I just wanted something for the photo of the day and was in a hurry, so I didn't change lenses, just backed up a lot.

Keep shooting the cat. Looks like he/she is willing!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • AJatWorkAJatWork Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    not a cat lover myself, but i DO love small DOF and natural light, and this my friend is one awesome picture. only concern is that green tinge on her left side...headscratch.gif

Thanks Daniel! This is one of my favorites as well. You have a great eye (maybe two), the green you see is light being reflected off a green sofa blanket.

AJ
    The more I know, the less I understand.
    edited February 28, 2006
    Flyinggina wrote:
    What a great set of cat photographs. I especially love her expression in the last one. Of course, #3 is probably more typical.rolleyes1.gif Thanks for sharing!

Virginia (cat lover)

Thanks Virginia! Yeah, #3 makes me laugh everytime I look at it. :D

AJ
    edited February 28, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Oh, you photographed it. :cry You had my hopes up for a bit. Nice pics though. :D

rolleyes1.gif

Harry, can you forgive me? Can we write this off as "temporary insanity"? mwink.gif

And thanks my friend. thumb.gif

AJ
    edited February 28, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    That is one gorgeous looking cat......look at that face, and them eyes iloveyou.gif

That lens is nice and sharp isn't it, it shows up beautifully with your cats eyes thumb.gif good stuff :D Skippy (Australia)

Thanks so much Skippy! I absolutely love the 50 1.8, its so versitile. I'm taking shots where it wasn't possible before. thumb.gif

AJ
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    I really like your 4th one -
    Homie looks like a cool cat!

tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited February 28, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    What good cat photos, I love especially the second one, as it is most interesting to me who loves blur! Effective use there of.

And that is a great subject line!!!! I saw it last night, came back to it this AM, I see you even got Harry to comment!

And what a good looking cat model!

I should shoot my cat, shot my dogs yesterday (outside with the 100mm macro lens). Yeah, why would I do that? I just wanted something for the photo of the day and was in a hurry, so I didn't change lenses, just backed up a lot.

Keep shooting the cat. Looks like he/she is willing!

ginger

Thank you very much, Ginger! I really like the blur effects on the second one too. She was doing the old "head shake" thing after cleaning herself when I snapped it. She wasn't actually attacking anything, just kind of looks that way.

As always Ginger I look forward to seeing your work thumb.gif , and thanks again!

AJ
    edited February 28, 2006
    Tessa HD wrote:
    Homie looks like a cool cat!

tessa

Thanks Tessa! If by "cool" you mean "wierd", then your absolutely correct! She's a cat who thinks she's a dog actually. She goes rank if she even thinks there's another cat around, but doesn't mind dogs. ne_nau.gif

AJ
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    Do you shoot pet portraits for-profit? If not, consider it. Those are really good pet shots!
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    Beautiful cat iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    "our" cat
    won't pose! My mom has 4 or 5 cats, and the last time I was visiting I got some nice cat pictures...

But your cat has such pretty green eyes!
  • MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    mercphoto wrote:
    Do you shoot pet portraits for-profit? If not, consider it. Those are really good pet shots!

Thanks Bill! I've actually had a few people express interest, but it hasen't panned out so far. Thats ok, I'm just having fun!

AJ
    edited February 28, 2006
    Beautiful cat iloveyou.gif

Thanks Awais! She's about 8 years old and often acts more like a dog than a cat. She likes to play, alot. Never enough. She really likes to chase after crumpled up ball of wrapper or foil, and bring it back to you to do again. Thanks for looking!

AJ
    edited February 28, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    won't pose! My mom has 4 or 5 cats, and the last time I was visiting I got some nice cat pictures...

But your cat has such pretty green eyes!

Thanks Dee! Cats are such characters huh? She will pose, but not for long.

AJ
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    Being a dog person myself,I think you did one hell of a job AJclap.gif
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    Those are some very nice cat shots, pretty cat too.