Hey Andy . . .

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited February 27, 2006 in Cameras
Did you have a chance to see this bad boy at PMA?

zd.gif

Coming soon! With over 60 years of experience in design and engineering of the world's best medium format cameras and lenses, Mamiya addresses the next generation photographer with the Mamiya ZD SLR medium format digital camera.

The Mamiya ZD digital camera is the first integrated medium format digital SLR camera. With its built-in 22 mega pixel CCD imaging sensor it produces sharp, high quality rich tones in a surprisingly light weight, compact body that resembles 35mm D-SLR cameras.

Utilizing Mamiya's exclusive 14-bit A/D (Analog to Digital) converter, the 12-bit images are recorded at 1.5 fps, making it the fastest digital medium format camera. With its CF and SD storage options, built-in 1.8 inch LCD imaging preview screen and tethered FireWire® (IEEE1394) to Mamiya Digital Photo Studio software it provides the prefect solution for studio and/or on-location shoots.
S
imple but powerful, Mamiya?s Digital Photo Studio software offers a complete image capture, processing and editing solution in both MAC and PC based computers. Best of all, the Mamiya ZD digital camera is fully compatible with all Mamiya 645AF lenses.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Interesting to old medium format shooters like me . . .
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    you think it will cost less than the hasselblad?
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    you think it will cost less than the hasselblad?

Based on the old mamiya 6X7 it should be a little less - who knows in today's digital world. The mamiya 645 lenses will be less than the hassie lenses.

I'm just curious. If I had a thicker wallet, I'd buy some new glass for my nikon. But, alas, that's not going to happen right now either.

57969891-M.jpg

Third (and youngest) daughter getting married in one month. Dad's broke! Photo of bridal shower last saturday.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen