River Birch Bark

gildcogildco Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
edited March 1, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thanks, everybody, for the creative feedback. I removed the "blue orbs" from the river birch shot. I I also have replaced the sweet-gum seeds pic. Your perspectives are what I need to learn and grow as a photographer. Which do you think is the most appropriate for the "Rough" competition?
58186122-L-1.jpg

These sweet-gum seeds and the texture of the dried leaves also said "rough."

58230936-L-2.jpg
Gil

Comments

• juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    I like the bark as a statement of Rough, but the first shot is fuzzy. The second one is sharper.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    Gil I agree with JulieJules about the first shot being a bit soft. DO very much like the river birch as 'rough'. Don't they have the most interesting bark?
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif The second shot is the best....sharper and more interesting composition.
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    Gill,

You did a fine job sharping up that shotthumb.gif Now just one more niggly thing. On the right is some funky background color that sort of distracts, maybe clone that out?
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    amazing bark,
    i've never seen that before. speaks rough to me! i thought the second one was good too, however i felt that the brightness of the leaf on the right was distracting.

tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341