Timeline EXIF problem

g1r2e3gg1r2e3g Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited February 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

Before I had a digital camera I had the photolab put all my photos to CD. Problem being that none of them did not include any EXIF data and now that the timeline has been implemented there are a couple of hundred photos that randomly appear in 1998, 1999 and 2000 that were in fact taken in 2001.

I'm not sure how smugmug has created these dates but it would be useful if there was some way of applying or overriding EXIF data for these images to save me the hassle of correcting the EXIF data on all the original files on my pc and re-uploading them all.

Any suggestions for a workaround not involving re-upload would be great.

Cheers,

Greg

ps: timeline is great, good new feature!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    g1r2e3g wrote:
    Hi,

Before I had a digital camera I had the photolab put all my photos to CD. Problem being that none of them did not include any EXIF data and now that the timeline has been implemented there are a couple of hundred photos that randomly appear in 1998, 1999 and 2000 that were in fact taken in 2001.

I'm not sure how smugmug has created these dates but it would be useful if there was some way of applying or overriding EXIF data for these images to save me the hassle of correcting the EXIF data on all the original files on my pc and re-uploading them all.

Any suggestions for a workaround not involving re-upload would be great.

Cheers,

Greg

ps: timeline is great, good new feature!

Hi - and thanks for posting! We only read the data that's there in your file - if the date says 1999, 2000 or whatever, we'll take it. We have no exif editing capability online - you'll have to use a program on your end to modify it. There are many programs that can do it, Google for "exif editor"

I hope this helps,