edited March 2, 2006 in Holy Macro
Nice sunny day and little wind so..Out to play

Juniper 'Mother Load' getteing ready to show off

58112624-L.jpg

The Rhodie is ready

58112572-L.jpg

Chief Joseph..Odd looking

58114519-L.jpg

One of my favs Skylands (yes it is really that color)

58112434-L.jpg

Comments

• John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    Yes yes yes yes!
    Looks like you getting an early one.
    I havent notice any blooms:cry
    Thanks for sharing.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    Nice, i like them. No 2 is my favorite for sure. No 3 looks scary hehehehehe.

Isn't today the start of meteorological spring?
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    Nice series, but I especially like number 2....beautiful colors and lighting. Would be fun to go back and shoot same bud as it progresses, if you can find it again!!!! :D
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    Yes yes yes yes!
    Looks like you getting an early one.
    I havent notice any blooms:cry
    Thanks for sharing.

Aha John even tho it hasn't been a bad winter it has been a blah winter, so the budding is nice. Thanks for looking.:):
    edited March 1, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Nice, i like them. No 2 is my favorite for sure. No 3 looks scary hehehehehe.

Yes #3 IS quite scary, not quite sure what it reminds me of tho'.:D

Appreciate you taking a look, thanks
    edited March 1, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    fun to go back and shoot same bud as it progresses, if you can find it again!!!! :D

Saurora,

Actually I can find it again. All those shot were taken within 6 feet of my back door and that Rhodie has an odd growth habit. So what a great idea you have there, will do and thanksthumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    Great pictures loved the detail
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited March 1, 2006
    Thank you Awais. I appreciate you taking the time to look!
  • GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    Nothing above freezing here for about a week now.
    Nothing for the coming week either.
    Thus no sign of Spring yet!:cry
    UGGGGGGGGGG
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
    edited March 1, 2006
    Nothing above freezing here for about a week now.
    Nothing for the coming week either.
    Thus no sign of Spring yet!:cry
    UGGGGGGGGGG

Poor Graphy, nasty weather Blah! I'm not really getting my hopes up here either, its Ohio, we could have a freakin blizzard next weekumph.gif
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Neat shots Thusie,
    I'm rather interested in the Rhodadendron (I collect ones that interesting leaves) Looks a bit like one I have that has very waxy off white/slightly pink flowers.
    Brian V.
    edited March 2, 2006
    Thanks Brian.:):

That Rhodi is an odd one, the leaves are green in summer, turn the color in the pic in winter. It is one of the PMJ's would have to look up which one.
    I should get a picture of the one out front, it is a show stopper and at times traffic too. It is an old style single trunk and the leaves are so thick you can't see the inside branch structure 10' high and 8+' across. In bloom it is a solid mass of 6" light pink flowers.

So what type is you one with with the waxy flowers? Rhodies and azaleas are so nice in early spring. I like interesting leaves and that applies to the conifers as well as the Japanese maples, drives Don nuts.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Thanks Brian.:):

That Rhodi is an odd one, the leaves are green in summer, turn the color in the pic in winter. It is one of the PMJ's would have to look up which one.
    I should get a picture of the one out front, it is a show stopper and at times traffic too. It is an old style single trunk and the leaves are so thick you can't see the inside branch structure 10' high and 8+' across. In bloom it is a solid mass of 6" light pink flowers.

So what type is you one with with the waxy flowers? Rhodies and azaleas are so nice in early spring. I like interesting leaves and that applies to the conifers as well as the Japanese maples, drives Don nuts.
    Fraid I do not know the species- I went through a phase a while ago of collecting the seeds from interesting rhodies in many of the National Trust gardens around here- Now have quite an interesting collection of them that are blooming- most of them are the ones with largish narrow leaves that are hairy underneath- either white or brown fuzz- mostly pink or Red flowers. I do have one other which has more normal leaves but produces large heads of floppy flowers instead of the head being tight as normal. Plus a couple with the giant leaves upto a foot long. :)- I'll take some pics when they start flowering this year.
    Brian V.
    Brian V.
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    wow....I REALLY love #2. Absolutely gorgeous.
    edited March 2, 2006
    Plus a couple with the giant leaves upto a foot long. :)- I'll take some pics when they start flowering this year.
    Brian V.
    Brian V.

A foot long? Wow. Looking forward to the picturesthumb.gif
    edited March 2, 2006
    dancinkate wrote:
    wow....I REALLY love #2. Absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you!