SmugMug Down Again?

Ken_WKen_W Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited February 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
My site is down as well as others. Whats the problem now? This is happening to much. It bad enough the pages take a long time to load on a cable connection, but there are way to many outages here.

Ken

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    Ken_W wrote:
    My site is down as well as others. Whats the problem now? This is happening to much. It bad enough the pages take a long time to load on a cable connection, but there are way to many outages here.

Ken

mines down toorolleyes1.gif

Don must be fightin that hacker again
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    I find smugmug to be really reliable. I had to upload over 50gb over a week period and never had any trouble.

But I've also experienced the outages that you have recently. I'm sure there's a good reason behind it and that it will be resolved soon. We'll probably get a post with an explanation in the next few minutes. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Ken_WKen_W Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 28, 2006
    That was quick, Thanks
    Back on minutes later ! Can't grip to much I guess.

Thanks

Ken
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    SamirD wrote:
    I find smugmug to be really reliable. I had to upload over 50gb over a week period and never had any trouble.

But I've also experienced the outages that you have recently. I'm sure there's a good reason behind it and that it will be resolved soon. We'll probably get a post with an explanation in the next few minutes. thumb.gif

Well they did do an upgrade last night. And as wireless likes to remind us, no smooth upgrade goes unpunished. I've got no clue if that's the problem, but it could be.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • WirelessWireless Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    Sorry about that folks. This was a database issue that was unrelated to last night's maintenance (just our luck that these things like to happen close together :cry ).

Looks like we were down ~15 minutes from what I can tell, although I've been working in other trenches this evening.