nightowl66nightowl66 Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited March 1, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
58156447-L.jpg

Old metal door

58156442-L.jpg

Old hinge

58156445-L.jpg

Another hinge

Which one should I use for this challenge? I saw this door and thought about the challenge and felt these worked.

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    Pretty cool colors in that paint. The first shot is a little too abstract for me. I'm not sure what I am looking at. Of the other 2 I would choose #2. It could use some sharpening and a little more pop, or contrast. Were these heavily cropped? If not, you might be too close to the subject for your lens, as they seem somewhat out of focus. I would like to see the whole door. Good luck!
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Pretty cool colors in that paint. The first shot is a little too abstract for me. I'm not sure what I am looking at. Of the other 2 I would choose #2. It could use some sharpening and a little more pop, or contrast. Were these heavily cropped? If not, you might be too close to the subject for your lens, as they seem somewhat out of focus. I would like to see the whole door. Good luck!

was thinking of doing something similar with an old lamp post near me. Haven't had achance to check the pics I've take yet. Great textures, but some look at little out of focus to me & maybe too strngly lit. Not sure how you'd sort that out
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    i totally agree with saurora
    Your first one is an awesome abstract. I'm amazed at all the texture and color in it! However, I think saurora has a good point, and maybe it says abstract more than it says rough. very cool tho. And I also agree that the next two don't seem in focus.
    tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    If you could reshoot number 3 so that it's not OOF, I would choose 3.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    johno wrote:
    If you could reshoot number 3 so that it's not OOF, I would choose 3.

peace.
    johno~

15524779-Ti.gif

Virginia

Email
  • nightowl66nightowl66 Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    thank ya'all
    Thank you -- I agree with all your observations and will re-shoot as soon as I can. It's been very cold and I need to not rush the process. It seems the cold cuts thru me more and more each year. It was too long ago I would sit with camera and tripod waiting in below zero temps with a 15 - 20 mph wind waiting for and eagle to feast on a deer that could not make it across the slippery ice and died out there. My kids like to say that I am getting old. Don't tell them but maybe their right this time. THANK YOU all for lending me your time and hints.