Options

Eye one display 2 broken?

hooyahhooyah Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited March 2, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Hi i'd like to check on if there are any problems with my eye one display 2. Basically when i calibrate the monitor using the advanced mode, the contrast indicator asks me first to turn contrast up to 100% which i do. Then when i click to measure contrast, the indicator does NOT move at all and stays right smack in the middle whilst contrast is 100%-only when i lower it, does it move LEFTwards-when i adjust it back to 100%-it moves and stays stuck in the centre. Why is this so?

The other measurements such as luminance and RGB points are alright, but this is not the case for contrast.

I am using a phlips 190b 19 inch LCD monitor. Are there any problems with my eye one 2?

TIA.

Comments

• Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2006
    hooyah wrote:
    Hi i'd like to check on if there are any problems with my eye one display 2. Basically when i calibrate the monitor using the advanced mode, the contrast indicator asks me first to turn contrast up to 100% which i do. Then when i click to measure contrast, the indicator does NOT move at all and stays right smack in the middle whilst contrast is 100%-only when i lower it, does it move LEFTwards-when i adjust it back to 100%-it moves and stays stuck in the centre. Why is this so?

The other measurements such as luminance and RGB points are alright, but this is not the case for contrast.

I am using a phlips 190b 19 inch LCD monitor. Are there any problems with my eye one 2?

TIA.

I think this is about right. Usually the monitor's contrast setting should be 100% (at least for CRTs, i'm not sure that the same holds true for LCDs).
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    I think this is about right. Usually the monitor's contrast setting should be 100% (at least for CRTs, i'm not sure that the same holds true for LCDs).

hey, thanks for the reply! i really appreciate it, i was wondering how come i couldn't adjust it at all, where as previously my CRT allowed for adjustments.

Another question- i had chosen a setting of gamma 2.2, but i end up each time getting a gamma of 2.4. Is there anyway to lower this value to 2.3 or 2.2 even?

could i adjust this in the video card gamma(lower it) then recalibrate?
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    46dc1be3.jpg

I get this problem oddly.(Picture is not taken by me-credits are inside) I embed sRGB into the picture and upload it onto the internet-on the right is what i see in Photoshop cs2, on the left is the picture as viewed in internet browsers such as firefox. Why is there such a substantial color shift even when i embed sRGB into the picture?

could anyone explain this?
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    hooyah wrote:
    46dc1be3.jpg

I get this problem oddly.(Picture is not taken by me-credits are inside) I embed sRGB into the picture and upload it onto the internet-on the right is what i see in Photoshop cs2, on the left is the picture as viewed in internet browsers such as firefox. Why is there such a substantial color shift even when i embed sRGB into the picture?

could anyone explain this?

You did not take the picture, so you did not post-process it. But you 'embedded' an sRGB profile in it. Then i have these questions:
    1st: Is this picture an sRGB picture at all (i.e. should the JPEG data be interpreted as sRGB data)? It could be adobeRGB, or some other color-profile.
    2nd: Did you assign the sRGB profile or did you convert it into an sRGB picture?
    3rd: Internet explorer (and most other browsers) ignore the embedded profiles entirely and assume the standard sRGB profile. (The same holds true for most online print-services and 1-hour-photo services like CVS, WalMart, etc).
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com