Options

Collage Software

mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
edited January 2, 2005 in Finishing School
I bought some of Epson's scrapbook paper. Planning on printing some photos for Christmas presents, thought a scrapbook might be a nicer alternative to an iPhoto book. The paper came with software called Collage Creator from Arcsoft. Problem is, its Windows only.

Anything comparable for the Mac available? Just wanting interesting designs to paste photos on top of w/o me doing all the work to do the same thing. Trying to make something nicer than an ordinary photo album.
Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
A former sports shooter
Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Comments

• Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2004
    Portraits and Prints from Econ Technologies. Once you have the basic (inexpensive) package, there are tons of templates for downloading (free).

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2004
    lynnesite wrote:
    Portraits and Prints from Econ Technologies. Once you have the basic (inexpensive) package, there are tons of templates for downloading (free).

<http://www.econtechnologies.com/site/Pages/Portraits_Prints/pnp_overview.html&gt;

And if you buy the pro package, you can make your own templates. Not sure if it's the same as the collage package, but P&P is a great app.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    I just need a good book on Photoshop CS. For what this thing costs I expect something a little user friendly. And at $50 a pop for most books, I don't want to buy the wrong ones. Suggestions?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I just need a good book on Photoshop CS. For what this thing costs I expect something a little user friendly. And at $50 a pop for most books, I don't want to buy the wrong ones. Suggestions?

Depends on what you want to do, but it seems like the favorite around here is Scott Kelby's The Adobe Photoshop CS Book For Digital Photographers
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Thanks. I only want it to work on my photographs.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Good Gosh, don't pay that kind of money!!!! Go to the bookstore, decide that you definitely want, and you do, The Photoshop CS Book for digital photographers by Scott Kelby.

Write all of that down, or print this out, and go up to Amazon. You have already saved 30% just by going to Amazon.

Don't stop there, click on "used books starting at.....", it is right there with all the other info. A 50.00 book should be no more than 29.00. On Amazon, you don't pay shipping if it is over 25.00. The used ones you do pay shipping, but sometimes, usually, it is worth it. All the books I have bought that way, most of my books on photography, they have been brand new.

I just ordered two little poetry books that way. One was like 29 cents where as at Barnes and Noble where I saw it the other day, it was 15.00. So here I paid 29 cents for the book and 4 or 5 dollars for the shipping. I got two at two different places, so I spent 10.00 for two books that would have been over 30.00 plus tax if I had bought them here.

I buy enough here to keep them happy. But it is rediculous to pay 50.00 for these photo books. It is just tooooooo much.

And that is the #1 book you want if you have CS. As you go along you will want others, or you will learn stuff here, but that book is a big help. Even if I couldn't follow his collage. (I did store my print out on extractions, the one Thomas gave me about 10 steps to do, it is great, so I not only read the book, I store things in the book)

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.