not having much luck, but here's an idea...

Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
edited March 2, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I purposely went to a lumber mill looking for some 'rough'. I was nervous taking the photos - a bunch of men looking at me weird and not wanting to be in the photos. So needless to say, I wasn't very successful. This one's not too bad. It does show the major roughness after the bark is removed...c&c very welcome...

58240253-M.jpg
Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
www.printandportfolio.com
This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341

Comments

• ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Tessa,

Like the concept, the mill workers would probably qualify as rough toorolleyes1.gif

BUT and it could just be me, the log you shot, the smooth end looks in focus and the rough part looks slightly OOFne_nau.gif So I keep looking at the smooth end?
  • gildcogildco Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Agree with Thusie
    This is a good picture, but the smooth ends of the logs, coupled with the "silvery" shine off the featured log, is chrome-like and dominates the slivers sticking up. Just my impression.
    Tessa HD wrote:
    I purposely went to a lumber mill looking for some 'rough'. I was nervous taking the photos - a bunch of men looking at me weird and not wanting to be in the photos. So needless to say, I wasn't very successful. This one's not too bad. It does show the major roughness after the bark is removed...c&c very welcome...

58240253-M.jpg
    Gil
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    thanks thusie, you're right.
    I hope I have time for a retake!

tessa

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    yup, you're right Gil, thanks!
    I'll have to see if I can get a retake. Problem is, the mill is about 35 minutes away! sigh.

tessa

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com