My little blanket-baby....

dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
edited March 3, 2006 in People
58313471-M.jpg

Comments

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    love the first two especially #2. beautiful eyes.

Genevieve . . . pretty name too.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif Your daughter's name is beautiful. I really do love the 2nd pic - her eyes are beautiful.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    I also agree 15524779-Ti.gif - the second is the best of the lot and very wonderful. However, and you asked for the C&C this is what I see ...
    • The shape of her eyes and the position are great
    • So is the catch-light in her eyes - just wonderful
    • The eyes are too dark - I loose all distinction between the iris and the pupil
    • The second one doesn't have the tonality that I believe is in this image. The first one has better tone. Too much contrast maybe?ne_nau.gifscratch
    I really hope this has been helpful.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Your daughter Genevieve
    58313469-L.jpg
    thumb.gifGood HEATH to her, your husband and for yourself thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! :) And as much as I love her name....she NEVER gets called it. It's usually "Lil fatty" or "Genna-bean". rolleyes1.gif
    eyes are too dark - I loose all distinction between the iris and the pupil

The second one doesn't have the tonality that I believe is in this image. The first one has better tone. Too much contrast maybe?
    Thank you! That's the feedback I was looking for! thumb.gif The 2nd one was too dark to begin with and I had a hard time lightening it up without blowing out the whites.ne_nau.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    These are really great, Kate! What a little doll she is!!! (Future photographer, eh?) I love the pose of the first shot the best. And even though her one eye is shadowed, you have nice detail in your whites and your background is more appealing. I don't like the dark shadowy background for a baby photo in number 2. If I were a parent and you presented these photos of my child to me, I would be really thrilled!!! clap.gif
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    dancinkate wrote:
    It's usually "Lil fatty" or "Genna-bean". rolleyes1.gif

Somehow I think "Lil fatty" might not be the favorite name to use during the high-school years . . .:lol
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    Kate! What a
    beautiful set of wonderful photos.
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    Wonderful shots both but the second one is just really, really special.

I have to agree with thisrolleyes1.gif
    Somehow I think "Lil fatty" might not be the favorite name to use during the high-school years . . .:lol
    edited March 3, 2006
    I appreciate the comments everyone! clap.gif
    My son's name used to be "pumpkin head" (because of his giant noggin).....are you saying I don't name my kids appropriate things?ne_nau.giflol3.gif Don't worry, we stop the insulting self-esteem-scarring names when they begin to understand language. :D
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    Kate,
    These are beautiful. iloveyou.gif I particularly like the second one.

You really gave yourself a challenge with the light blanket draped over her. Have you tried to selectively lighten just her eyes a bit? I think this would really add to the drama of this photo.

And thanks for your kind comments regarding my children's portraits. I really appreciate it.

mitch
    edited March 3, 2006
    Mitchell wrote:
    Have you tried to selectively lighten just her eyes a bit? I think this would really add to the drama of this photo.
    I'll try that...thank you!