Options

Info about telephoto/wide angle for S7000 fuji

Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited October 1, 2004 in Accessories
Has anyone out there got the S7000? I don't know a hell of a lot about the sizes/zoom thingos and am wondering if it is going to be worth the money to get a telephoto and/or wide angle for my camera. Can any body explain the following in simply photography terms?:
Professional Optics Limited Edition 52mm Wide Angle Lens:

-Professional 0.45x Wide Angle Lens, complete with Case and Snap Cap.
-Enhanced Optical Resolution
-Auto focus
-Built in Macro
-Multi Coated Optical Glass
-Day or Night Vision
-Infrared Compatibility
-Indestructible Titanium Barrel
-Includes Carrying Case and Lens Cap.
&:
Professional Optics Limited Edition 2x 52mmTelephoto Lens:

-Professional 2.0x telephoto Lens, complete with Case and Snap Cap.
-Auto focus
-Day or Night Vision
-Infrared Compatibility

Can anyone tell me how much more 'angle' or 'zoom' I would get for this? What does the other stuff mean? How can a lense come with "auto focus" isn't that in the camera?

I would be really grateful for any help !:D

Kate.

Canon EOS 30D
Sigma 10-20
Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
Canon 18-55
Canon 50 f1.8
Canon 430EX

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2004
    Af
    AussieKate wrote:
    How can a lense come with "auto focus" isn't that in the camera?

The auto-focus is in the camera in the respect that the camera has the AF sensor and controller, but the motor that actually moves the lens elements around is in the lens itself.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited October 1, 2004
    AussieKate wrote:
    Has anyone out there got the S7000? I don't know a hell of a lot about the sizes/zoom thingos and am wondering if it is going to be worth the money to get a telephoto and/or wide angle for my camera. Can any body explain the following in simply photography terms?:
    Professional Optics Limited Edition 52mm Wide Angle Lens:

-Professional 0.45x Wide Angle Lens, complete with Case and Snap Cap.
    -Auto focus
    -Built in Macro
    -Day or Night Vision
    -Infrared Compatibility
    &:
    Professional Optics Limited Edition 2x 52mmTelephoto Lens:

-Professional 2.0x telephoto Lens, complete with Case and Snap Cap.
    -Auto focus
    -Day or Night Vision
    -Infrared Compatibility

Can anyone tell me how much more 'angle' or 'zoom' I would get for this? What does the other stuff mean? How can a lense come with "auto focus" isn't that in the camera?

I would be really grateful for any help !:D

Kate.

Aren't these add-on lenses that fit over the front of the lens in your camera, like a filter fits over the front of the lens on your camera? It sounds like the wide angle version will give you a wider view appprox 1/2 your shortest focal length on your camera-.
    The Tele will double your focal length.

Add on lenses can be helpful, but are not ususually as sharp as you might prefer, and do not compare with quality interchangeable lenses. I would recommend that you try them before you decide to purchase them. Put them on your camera and shoot a few frames from a tripod preferably and then examine the images on a computer desktop monitor to evaluate the quality of the images.

Doubling your focal length may sound good, but also may require a tripod to hold the camera still enough to use the doubling. Try'em before you buy'em and you may decide not to buy'em after all. :D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited October 1, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    Aren't these add-on lenses that fit over the front of the lens in your camera, like a filter fits over the front of the lens on your camera? It sounds like the wide angle version will give you a wider view appprox 1/2 your shortest focal length on your camera-.
    The Tele will double your focal length.

Add on lenses can be helpful, but are not ususually as sharp as you might prefer, and do not compare with quality interchangeable lenses. I would recommend that you try them before you decide to purchase them. Put them on your camera and shoot a few frames from a tripod preferably and then examine the images on a computer desktop monitor to evaluate the quality of the images.

Doubling your focal length may sound good, but also may require a tripod to hold the camera still enough to use the doubling. Try'em before you buy'em and you may decide not to buy'em after all. :D

I do know that Canon and Nikon make pretty good add-on lenses for their point & shoots, so the manuafacturer and their reputation is another serious consideration.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin